Active Topics

hacker, what do you mean by clock settings? are you referring to the overlocking settings? if that, well, i am having problems with my music since i started putting 30GB songs on it,that is just before overlocking, that's why i decided to do overlocking now to have faster response because fastern9 could not do anything.. When my music plays, no problem at all, the problem is, when i search for a song, it really takes time to respond, i have finish typing the whole title of the song before it comes out,sometimes if i have wrong spelling, i will delete backwards then the it stocks and then suddenly it will say "MUSIC NOT RESPONDING" close application? yes or no? ...... that's what i always got, but if i type very very slowly, it respond

fastern9_1.0.1_armel.deb

that is the file that i have installed,

i have tried also the faster transitions. but and i know that i have done it correctly, and after doing that, may whole screen just becomes black and orange color, almost all of the icons applications turned into orange square icons, and then i uninstall it. and do the fastern9 but still none of them works.

as you have said, remove of the fastern9, which i did, and tried 1.375MHz and lowered my voltage to 1375000, again i tried the music application, started browsing songs, i love typing so fast, and i can't control it. and if i do again the delete button backwards. the music then still failed to respond, and now without the fastern9, my phone for the first time started to reboot. t\I haven't had any reboots since i bought my phone. Do you think there is problem on my phone? I really love music, that's why i combined camera, music player, and phone in one gadget only,the reason to chose the 64GB, any help hacker?

The Faster Transitions issue is off-topic here, but I'd recommend using N9 QuickTweaks for faster transitions, though I don't think it will help with your music/searching issue.

It sounds like your issue is more related to tracker issues, fast typing (LOL), and your large music collection. Sadly, I'm not sure that overclocking will be enough to totally solve the problem, since 1375 MHz is about the top speed that most of us can get on the N9.

If you have better stability at your previous settings, you may want to go back to those.

With respect to overclocking, it sounds like you are doing all that you can to speed up your N9.

do you have N9QT faster transitions together with overlocking? well i haven't tried that yet, but i have already used n9qt's tweak A and B before, it did a great speed much better in what i'm experiencing now, but i had some issues with n9qt , and need to uninstall it, uninstalling it didn't still solve my issue and almost cause to brick my phone, so i decided to reflash my n9. well i guess, none of these really helped in my music problem, so i better install again n9qt. and try it with my overlocking settings, if it still didin't work, i'm gonna buy separate gadget for music purposes only. I remember when i had an apple ipod of 160GB almost used the memory, I didn't have a problem with it. But i had to sold it for me to buy n9.

by the way, what do you mean by "tracker issues"? and have you ever tried to load a volume of music in your n9? maybe you should take a try so you may know until how far your settings could go,then maybe you could tell me the settings soon. I hope there is still a way. Thank you guys for your help and kindness.

I'm running at 1200 MHz at 1.25 V, I also tried to disable the smartreflex and the phone seems faster now wanted to know if disabling the smartreflex can cause serious problems to your phone

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Germany
I want to understand what I am doing with my N9, when I'm over/under -clocking it.
So I know that when I want my frequency high, there also should be some high voltage value of my core, right? And vice versa, I randomly found out. I've read that when my device gets hot (because of passing frequencies, I guess?) the electrical resistance, also rushes up, in fact, needing more voltage, because...

That's where my insight is over.
My question popped up, as I was experiencing a reboot at 850MhZ / 1,175V (stock?), but not at 800MhZ / 1.1V.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Alright guys, I think I fried my WIFI chip. Have anyone of you experienced this? I mean, it doesn't find any networks and I cannot start wifi hotspot. Flashing doesn't resolve anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
ouch, that sucks! But I've never heard of that. I'm glad there's not too many people reporting problems after all this time, but probably about 2-3 years is when things will start to fail. Maybe there will be some more

Originally Posted by xpilz View Post
I want to understand what I am doing with my N9, when I'm over/under -clocking it.
So I know that when I want my frequency high, there also should be some high voltage value of my core, right? And vice versa, I randomly found out. I've read that when my device gets hot (because of passing frequencies, I guess?) the electrical resistance, also rushes up, in fact, needing more voltage, because...

That's where my insight is over.
My question popped up, as I was experiencing a reboot at 850MhZ / 1,175V (stock?), but not at 800MhZ / 1.1V.
I don't understand your question, but it doesn't seem n9 specific. Probably you can research this stuff yourself.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2013-05-01 at 15:43.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
The funny part is that this n9(white 64gb, pity) was used for around a year by a woman, that is no mods, just vanilla. Now I took it, 've been using it for 3 weeks oced to 1300mhz. Yesterday I thought this might be too much so I lowered to 1200 with only a little lower voltage. It restarted twice and wifi's gone. Great

Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
The funny part is that this n9(white 64gb, pity) was used for around a year by a woman, that is no mods, just vanilla. Now I took it, 've been using it for 3 weeks oced to 1300mhz. Yesterday I thought this might be too much so I lowered to 1200 with only a little lower voltage. It restarted twice and wifi's gone. Great
It's horrible that you're having trouble with the N9. The more you tell the community about what happened, the better the chance that someone can help.

Here are some potential solutions, if you haven't already tried them . . .

What were your settings (both MHz speed, voltage, etc.) before the problem? What are they now? Did you try using the soft and hard reset options in Settings --> Reset?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Trübbach
Hi, when i slide the "show raw output" it comes Failedto execute loader. Any help? And i have Faster N9 insttalled could it be that it doesn't work because this?