Active Topics

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
yes i know what kind of packages are uploaded on CSSU-Devel. and as N900 is not my main phone now or for alteast few weeks (android is boring) i'm willing to test stuffs from CSSU-Devel.

can you tell me how to enable CSSU-Devel repo. Same procedure as like other repos except for the link ?

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
can you tell me how to enable CSSU-Devel repo. Same procedure as like other repos except for the link ?
I'm at CSSU Testing and the CSSU Devel repository exists already in HAM. Just enable it
Then at command prompt:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade ,
and you are at latest CSSU Devel
I tried that just as an experiment (I planned to reflash anyway) and soon it resulted as a non-booting system...
To install a certain package:
apt-get install "packagename"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
thanks acrux. i'm on CSSU-Thumb. Should i enable it or flash my device first and then install CSSU-Testing and then enable CSSU-Devel repo.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
thumb is based on Testing, no need to reflash

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
thanks qwazix. I will first create a backupmenu backup then i will start playing with Devel apps.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
I am using CSSU-Testing (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.2, as in "About Community SSU"). I have installed osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0 recently - just to be able to see lockscreen in portrait. I would like to know, does it have any bug, like memory leak, or screen-freezing? Or, why is it not in CSSU-Testing yet?
It is amusing that occasionally (it does not matter whether it is portrait or landscape) I can clearly see the ball moving at constant velocity: to my finger, past it, and to the end, unlocking the screen. What kind of gesture does that? It's quite intuitive... When you see the lockscreen, don't unlock it by dragging the ball-slider with your finger. Just, press down softly in the middle of the slide-bar-rail-whatever, and don't let up (or it will jump back to the start). It's a consistent and easy-to-reproduce behaviour.
Best wishes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
OMG, this is really weird. I still don't know whether to call this bug or feature .

Could someone with stock tklock try to reproduce it?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
OMG, this is really weird. I still don't know whether to call this bug or feature .

CSSU stable (osso-systemui-tklock 0.2.2.21+0m5), tried that, either it doesn't work or I don't fully understand how to reproduce :P steps I did:

1. Locked the screen
2. Pressed power button to show the "slide to unlock" screen
3. Touched the middle of the "slide to unlock" bar with my finger and hold a finger over there

Result: Nothing happened :P

Expected result as I understand it behaves in the open source replacement: slider slowly unlocks.

Which gtk/hildon component did you use for the slider, freemangordon?

Last edited by misiak; 2013-02-18 at 14:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@misiak - the same one the stock tklock uses - hildon_gtk_(v/h)scale_new. I guess the problem lies either here https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ock.c#line1116 or here https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ock.c#line1146

Fortunately it is very easy to build tklock with traces, so the function to blame will be pointed easily

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

Hey freemangordon,

I am running on stock Maemo (no CSSU) and KP50. I could reproduce this behaviour with your tklcock version as well as with the stock version (exchanged lib and rebooted).
So it seams stock Maemo has this feature bug also.
Or could it be KP related?

I tended to call it feature, as it is funny (push left to the slider and watch)
But this evening I tried it again and after pushing the "rail" you do not need to keep it on that rail but just put pressure on the screen, so it may get unlocked unintentionally (somehow).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-02-18 at 20:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, lockslider