Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by MJ m View Post
it looks like my nitdroid does not see the battery.
it boots only if it is in charge and if i put charger off, shuts down.

thanks
I think you need to discharge battery in maemo, then fully charge the battery and try to boot in nitdroid without charger

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I actually disagree with this, unfortunately. If you look at the first post through the eyes of an ignorant user, the MAIN thing it does is to refer you to a Wiki. When you go to the Wiki, you get huge dramatic warning about how dangerous it is.

I can easily imagine users on that path asking themselves, "well, if this is so dangerous, what is the best thing for me to do?
Well if users ask about what is the best thing they could do, can't they scroll a few lines under the warning message, where it covers everything?
That's what warnings were meant to be for, but I'm pretty 100% sure the innocent yet obligatory warning message has nothing to do with such posts, the main reason is LAZINESS. People just cannot expect being spoon-fed at each step.

It would be a different issue however, if the user is asking about an issue that was not covered in the WIKI/FAQ, or that was covered deep in this thread which has grown significantly. I would actually love answering that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Oh boy, I've been checking here almost every hour since you wrote this!

Can't wait to see what's coming soon!!!
I didn't mean that soon xD, I've got examinations you know...

Anyway to avoid drama, it's basically just going to be my first public NITDroid build released (still did not contact e-yes) customised to the deep bits for full stability/speed, with all the goodies installed. Based on 2.3.7, with camera-hal working.

Oh and a new sparkling installer built with PyQT .

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post

Anyway to avoid drama, it's basically just going to be my first public NITDroid build released (still did not contact e-yes) customised to the deep bits for full stability/speed, with all the goodies installed. Based on 2.3.7, with camera-hal working.

wow means more stable Nitdroid for us. Thanks dude. Is sound bug is fixed in your build of 2.3.7 ? And any progress about voice calls ?

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post

please ammyt give us your updated files...

P.S. still sticking on my nitdroid 2.3.4 because there is so many bugs on 2.3.7 like sound being laggy..goodluck for you examinations..hope for a voicecall update

i am having my exams still i spend all day in this forum. please ammyt. give us ur files. cant wait. and what about voice calls?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i am having my exams still i spend all day in this forum. please ammyt. give us ur files. cant wait. and what about voice calls?
yeah me too. Im also having my exams after 2 weeks but still xant wait for the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post

yeah me too. Im also having my exams after 2 weeks but still xant wait for the update.

the difference is you guys want the update while ammyt spends his time making the update which is very time consuming and he does all this for free so give the guy a break and just be patient

The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydoo For This Useful Post:
@ ammyt. can this post help to solve the accelerometer problem in android?

android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-screen-turn-deserves-another.html

Guys i just wanna ask, if i use nitroid how do i get calls?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid