Active Topics

Take a look at this app:
http://openfmi.net/projects/tvhelper/
It extracts the wmv stream out of the html links, that most Internet TV providers give you to watch the stream in your browser, and plays it through mplayer. It's written in C and has only a few bulgarian streams, but it's GPL so I guess it's not a problem to add some other TV stations.
The problem is that there isn't a good program to watch TV on the n800 like there is for Internet radio for example.
Can some one port it, please? I really would love to be able to watch TV on the n800.

Thanks!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I think this is a great idea. I don't personally have the time to make the port (as I don't usually do c stuff). This seems so simple prog that it shouldn't take too long.

Someone?
A quick dirty port?
Anyone?

No begging. If you want it bad enough, install Scratchbox and port it yourself.

Well that's a little rude. If I could have done it myself, I wouldn't have bothered posting a thread. If you've actually taken the time to look at the program, instead of posting a flame bite, you'd see that it really is a small and simple C program.
It's not that I want it so bad, but that there isn't any such program for watching Internet TV on the tablet and I'm sure a lot of people would love to have it.
I could advise you not to post if you don't intend to help, but who am I to tell other people what and how to post.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by iball View Post
No begging. If you want it bad enough, install Scratchbox and port it yourself.
If you have nothing useful to add, don't post.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
compiled and working.....
its in russian.
it uses mplayer to open the streams which is cool.
but buffer on it sucks..buffers seems like every 3 seconds.
but can be fixed I guess.
I can up the rar if you want, but thats all.
I am no good at hildon, but might be easy to get done on this, src is like 4 files.

Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Take a look at this app:
http://openfmi.net/projects/tvhelper/
It extracts the wmv stream out of the html links, that most Internet TV providers give you to watch the stream in your browser, and plays it through mplayer. It's written in C and has only a few bulgarian streams, but it's GPL so I guess it's not a problem to add some other TV stations.
The problem is that there isn't a good program to watch TV on the n800 like there is for Internet radio for example.
Can some one port it, please? I really would love to be able to watch TV on the n800.

Thanks!

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
to add streams that you want, all you have to do is modify the source and include the streams you want.
way too much work for me, i'm lazy.
I'll try to find an alternative that allows you to add the addresses via gui.
and try at it again.

Actually, I'm the creator of this program and I can't port it to n800, because I don't have one to tinker with and I don't have any experience with this platform.

I can create only hacks for other websites, because the program currently works only for neterra, bgtelevizor and streams that doesn't have any protection.

Last edited by Zero_effect; 2007-10-01 at 14:35.