Originally Posted by mece View Post
That's weird. I managed to sync calendar and contacts from my N900 to my N950, both on beta 1 and beta 2. Over bluetooth. What happened when you tried?
it doesnt detect my device through bluetooth when trying to sync...

its weird, it detects my friends phone, but not my n900
and its not a faulty n900, coz i tried sending pictures back and forth between the two phones and it works fine, but when trying to sync it doesnt pick up my n900

can office docs (.docx, .pptx etc) and pdfs be opened on n9? if yes, how about editing the files?

Does anybody know how to reinstall the default applications back?
I uninstalled accuweather and I would like to get it back. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Transcend For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Using the sip with VoipDiscount.com (part of Betamax, or however it is call the company) and it works much better than it does with the N900. I'm very happy about it especially for the sound quality and the ability to initiate the connection to the voip account by simply selecting from the contacts to call someone using sip.

The phone becomes a little hot after 20 minutes but temperature remained constant for the next hour of the call. I think for the future long calls I will use a handsfree.

You have the option to setup more than one accounts but I haven't tried that,

HIH
I had huge problems with SIP (connecting to my own asterisk server) on N900. After a few minutes of usage the call would become choppy. Hope this is resolved in N9. BTW is there any option for 'Wifi Power Saving' in N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Hi anyone knows how to install this shortcuts??

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/10/...ego-harmattan/

Originally Posted by emorej View Post
Hi anyone knows how to install this shortcuts??

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/10/...ego-harmattan/
Download the .deb file here: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...wiki/Downloads

But before, you must activate the setting for installation of third-party sources in the settings->programs->other sources.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Ok stupid question.

You can close app by swiping down, right? For some reason i'm not able to do it. Do you need to enable it first from somewhere?
You can also install an application called SwipeManager, which allows you to choose what a left/right/down/up swipe does (which screen to go to/close app).

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
anyone want to test the phone tracking application for lost/stolen phone. and can you also have a few apps open and be browsing a data intensive website that has nice bit of javascript and pictures gifs etc (over 3g) and see if there's lag in answering an incoming call. this was one thing which used to happen on the n900 for me.

also, does skype chat when you log on try sync the conversations you've had on your desktop? i've had lots of problems with having large txt conversations over skype on my pc over a few days and then logging on with my n900 and have it hang the conversation app and lag the phone and spam me with the messages. please tell me the n9 doesn't have this.
will test things in the first paragraph on the weekend if i remember to... but first i need my carrier

as for skype syncing, Mine did not sync any conversations. However if you are online on your phone while chatting on the computer, the messages will go through to the n9 as well.. so basically the n9 will see messages from when it's online only.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
how much of a problem is the lack of support for infrastructure mode in wifi tethering on the N9?

do windows laptops generally support ad-hoc mode?
do linux laptops generally support ad-hoc mode?
which tablets support ad-hoc mode (apparently the touchpad doesn't)?

regards

well.. ad-hoc is what joikuspot used (although I'll check n9 app in now for you), and i connected my laptop with that. I would say most wifi devices supported ad hoc.

EDIT: just tried on windows 7, works fine, almost certain linux supports it too (I may boot in later if no one confirms)

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-10-11 at 10:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
well.. ad-hoc is what joikuspot used (although I'll check n9 app in now for you), and i connected my laptop with that. I would say most wifi devices supported ad hoc.

EDIT: just tried on windows 7, works fine, almost certain linux supports it too (I may boot in later if no one confirms)
good news about computers, what about tablets?

apparently the touchpad doesn't support ad-hoc mode, and i hear a lot of noise about andoid devices not supporting it either...........

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post: