Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London

Welcome home N9.

I've never been through this much drama/pain/cost for a phone. The woman calls it my 'fetish'. I have no idea what shes talking about

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
Originally Posted by afaq View Post

Welcome home N9.

I've never been through this much drama/pain/cost for a phone. The woman calls it my 'fetish'. I have no idea what shes talking about
have fun with it

The Following User Says Thank You to zapotek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Marxian, can we haz a picture of Elop with a shoe being thrown at him, k thx!

My website

GitHub

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
it's not a third party on amazon as far as my bad german can tell, i looked looked for that first. maybe a fluent german speaker/reader can confirm 100%
I can confirm this.

Originally Posted by amazon.de
Auf Lager.
Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon.de. Geschenkverpackung verfügbar.
This means that it's in stock, sold and sent by Amazon.de, and that gift packaging is available

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-26 at 05:30. Reason: Added 'sold and' to 'sold and sent by Amazon.de'

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
this is totally off topic but 3G browsing on keyboard kindle doesn't seem to work in Greece contrary to reports on the net.

Sorry I just had to share this as I got a kindle to play with to make the wait for the N9 easier.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

My woman calls it my obsessive fetish... I also do not know what she is talking about, cough cough, lol. She also asks me why don't I just marry it, and I simply answer that congress has not passed that law yet so I can't

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Honestly? I really don't know. Maybe because Microsoft isn't seen as a "cool" company whereas Sony, Apple and Samsung are seen as cool.

WP7 is a weird, and a very hard sale that's not being sold anywhere in massive numbers. It's an oddball OS that people think looks childish at first. And it's too closely related to the failed Zune... which, while I loved mine, people shunned it for the simpler, more liable to break iPod.

And no... I think slapping a Nokia label on it will not bolster WP7 sales. In fact, in the US, Nokia has been relegated to those cheap flip phones that grandmas still like. Nokia's presence in North America is sorely lacking and spiraled into a depressing mess. I don't see Nokia needing WP7 as much as WP7 needs Nokia.

But that's my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.
A bit odd, but that description fits Motorola for many who experienced their early, cheap, faulty and not userfriendly GSM phones. Motorola just disappeared from the marked in North Europe, but coming back a little bit now they say.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you guys please slow this thread down....

Gah you're doing it again!!!
You're pointing-out all the things he needs to remember to block!
Please don't do that, I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him.
While I appreciate the intent, I just don't think it's a good idea.
And no I'm not taking this tin-foil hat off!
I'd be delighted if Nokia came out with smart phone to meet my needs, oh wait they did with the N900, but then they failed to support it.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
George W Bush

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Ok sure don't hate before you try and all that but that link made me feel wrong. Hearing people so vehemently ask for wp7 feels like a crime.
Well it makes perfect sense to me. I can't remebmer any review that doesn't like the N9s looks. If they've already decided they want WP7 they will obviously want it in a nice package. Same reason that those that prefer android wants to put ICS on the N9.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
BTW from looking at the images of the Nokia 800, it seems like they needed to remove the front facing camera to make room for the capacitive buttons. Doesn't look like it has one, from all the leaked videos and images etc. I can be wrong though

Last edited by warrentaye; 2011-10-25 at 21:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????