Originally Posted by fhofer View Post
I guess the simplest workflow would be:
1. run glogarchive
2. click "Switch to Live-Database"
3. click "Export to CSV-file", file is saved under /home/User/MyDocs
4. connect the N900 to your PC in USB mode
5. using your PC, you can find the file in the root of the mounted N900 USB drive. The file has csv extension.
6. you can open the file directly in Excel or in OpenOffice (or any other program that can open it) or you can copy the file to your computer.
I did. it is good.
now how can I merge 2 files and import it again from the pc excel sheet to my n900.
I want to merge 2 messages backup in 1 and import it again to my n900. please help

"find / -name output.html" and then voila !

Originally Posted by hoppa123 View Post
"find / -name output.html" and then voila !
merci beaucoup . oh lala
sorry can you give me more details?
Regards

Originally Posted by ali.harmouch View Post
I did. it is good.
now how can I merge 2 files and import it again from the pc excel sheet to my n900.
I want to merge 2 messages backup in 1 and import it again to my n900. please help
I am afraid that glogarchive is currently not capable of doing that. Maybe you can contact the author to add a feature to covert a csv back to N900 DB. But generally, having lots of messages in the phone is not that great idea, it makes the phone slow.

Is there a way to convert the sms in csv_file in the PC Suite SMS format ?
So that we could import them in other Nokia phone.
Thanks for your answer.

Originally Posted by BabylonV2000 View Post
Is there a way to convert the sms in csv_file in the PC Suite SMS format ?
So that we could import them in other Nokia phone.
Thanks for your answer.
I am afraid that this is not possible -- at least there is no easy way that I am aware of. Maybe try transferring messages to another phone via Settings --> Transfer&sync, it could do, but I have never tried it.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
does anyone know how to export sms to pc and import it back to n900 ?

The Transfer&sync via setting does not allow transfer/sync of sms (just contacts and calender entries )

I would appreciate anyone's help regarding this matter .

Originally Posted by jvesiluoma View Post
Hi,

Maybe this helps.

Note: Make backups first. I will not take any responsibility if you brick your device. It's your own responsibility.

1. Open terminal

2. give following command:
sqlite3 -html /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "SELECT service_id,event_type_id,free_text, remote_uid FROM Events WHERE remote_uid='xxxxxxxxxxxx' order by start_time DESC;" > output.html

3. xxxxxxxxxxxx in above command is the phone number of the contact. For example you want to save conversations with the person that phone number is 1234567890 the command would be:
sqlite3 -html /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "SELECT service_id,event_type_id,free_text, remote_uid FROM Events WHERE remote_uid='1234567890' order by start_time DESC;" > output.html

Now you should have output.html file that has conversation in HTML format. Now you just need to transfer that file to your computer via USB for example.

You can see additional output modes by giving following command in terminal and replacing -html with something else like -csv or -column for example.
sqlite3 --help

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jarkko
Hi Jarkko

This is awesome, any chance you can tell me how to organise it by date with a given phone number? The dates are pretty important for me.

Thanks
MM

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
the times are in unix time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

don't remember in which columns though...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Ok, how would one export the entire conversation between a number and myself using this command or some other? Any ideas?