Active Topics

Originally Posted by MiSP View Post
Just got the repair report. Seems like it was an electrical failure, i.e. HW error, not SW. Also says "phone light swapped", don't know if it has anything to do with it.
Good that you got it fixed. My experience is exactly the same as yours. Unfortunately the recommended repair shop, anovo. se, I sent it to firstly didn't care to fix it properly. So in less than 30 minutes receiving it back from them it was in the same sad state. Report said " flashed and connector cleaned".

Heh, well at least I hope it's fixed. Haven't received it yet, still underway.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
hey guys, just to let you all know that since I stopped using the dual SIM card adapter I have not experienced any prblem again.
I will try a different adapter to see if the problem is the adapter itself.
)

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway, Oslo
I had the same problem, but my phone also said "....contact service" when i turned it on. Have sendt it to Nokia for repair or replace unit.
I also lost the IMEI number when this happend. Could'n connect to the pc with NSU either as it didn't find the phone. Only way to flash it was with flasher tool, and then when it was finnished it stated that the CMT flash failed.
I hope i get a new unit..

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
u take off the battery cover and push the battery down HARD around where the sim card is. WITHOUT turning off the phone.
should do the trick

God my phone back, everything works now. The report said "software upgrade" among other things, but the phone was actually reverted to the previous version. Upgraded it, everything still works fine.

It happened twice to me in the 1st week. Let's see if it persists.

Last edited by Bacco; 2011-01-05 at 07:10.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I have noticed the exact same issue on my N900 (which i had for 8/9months) after installing PR1.3.

I always thought that I didnt put the sim in properly, because I have the N8 aswell and I often swap the sim cards...

Might go Nokia care sometime and get it checked :/...

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna
One more experience report here:

First of all, there is a bug report that matches the light symptoms I had:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11605 (please vote)
I also experienced the variant where the phone did not recover, i.e. the SIM card was not recognised anymore and the phone did not know its IMEI (*#06#) anymore until I rebooted.
A loss of SIM card was always accompanied with a crash report from cellmo-watch (logged in /var/log/syslog if you have syslog activated).

Symptoms started about a week ago, a long time after I installed PR1.3, so in my case it cannot be related to PR1.3. I also switched between power-kernel and standard kernel without any improvement, so that should not be responsible. I did some updates shortly before the symptoms started, but unfortunately I don't remember which ones exactly.

Two days ago, I used folded pieces of paper to tighten the SIM card tray mechanism -> no symptoms at all since then :-) fingers crossed.