Just saw season opener...not sure what to believe. I guess its feasible, given they could use anyone for the off-track filming. I guess I was hoping it was Stuch or B. Schneider.

Nope, he just dressed in the Stig's outfit to drive his FXX. I think the Stig's taller.

Yeah, I think it was a joke, based on how it ended. Historically, Stig seemed a little "thicker". I remember a few ep. some ex F1 drivers were speculating, and I think the consensus was that based on the lines taken on the test track, Stig wasn't F1...which doesnt nec. rule out MS given the kart/sportscar exp.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kent, UK
The Stig is (apparently) a guy call Ben Collins.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
The Stig is not just one person - it's many... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
schumacher is not the stig it was a joke.
also towards the end it shows him driving a normal car and he keeps crashing it, and clarkson say something like i dont think hes really the stig

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
have you been in hibernation? This was ages ago!

Originally Posted by fletchem View Post
The Stig is (apparently) a guy call Ben Collins.

Hehe, I work with a guy called Ben Collins - we had a field day when that news broke. I keep meaning to get him an 'I am not the Stig' t-shirt.

Seriously though - for those who haven't worked it out - The Stig is just a character. It isn't played by any one specific person, it let's them use whoever is available or best for the situation.

The Schumacher 'reveal' was good though (and it wouldn't surprise me if he has been The Stig a few times).

Some say he has more fanbois than Apple...

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fresno, ca
haha, guys, the stig changes... the stig has been at least 3 different people. and shu is one of them.. he is not the most recent one.