Active Topics

Poll: Are you happy with N900 frame/hardware quality?
Poll Options
Are you happy with N900 frame/hardware quality?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Exactly the same here.

I took it to a Nokia repair center and they refused to fix it because "that's what happens to N900s". They showed me 2 of their N900s they had on display there, they both have the same issue.

Last edited by benny1967; 2010-03-01 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Keyboard bezel coming off (hardware fault)" with seven posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
my n900, after 2and half months of owning it, has now become like this over about the last week. does anyone know if nokia have acknowledged this as a problem or fault? I am searching on nokia website right now but nothing so far.

Don't want to end up with the usb port issue as well. Everything seemed so sturdy in the beginning, and now it feels like it's going to fall apart gradually Has anyone tried super glue yet? lol

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
my keyboard moves a little bit from side to side, about half a mm
________
Web shows

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:27.

I'm taking my n900 into a repair centre next week for them to give me a replacement back cover which they are fixing under warranty (kickstand only attached at one end, which I'm sure it came like that in the box). I will ask the folks there about the keyboard phenomenon, see what it throws up. i've never dropped the device and keep it in my trouser pocket normally.

Anyone got any ideas, or questions they want answered, that I could ask them about?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
I don't have this keyboard problem but I do have a slight misalignment of the screen when closed. The right side goes too low by 1mm. Not much but you can feel it and see it and it annoys me for such an expensive phone. I inspected it when I just got it and it was perfectly aligned. I suspect that using it for a while created this, after sliding back and forth.
But is it worth taking it to a repair center and be without a phone for a couple of weeks or so... not yet. If it goes worse, I will.

Anyone with the same problem and/or a diy solution?

Last edited by jujuinla; 2010-04-09 at 21:47.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi, this is my first post here, I just had to register, because I can't get good night sleep, my baby has a loose frame. Someone please try to think of D.I.Y fast. Okay, anyone got torx screwdriver? I was thinkin' that maybe the screws under the back cover are too tight?

Last edited by Optimus; 2010-04-22 at 16:30.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
Hi, this is my first post here, I just had to register, because I can't get good night sleep, my baby has a loose frame. Someone please try to think of D.I.Y fast. Okay, anyone got torx screwdriver? I was thinkin' that maybe the screws under the back cover are too tight?
I posted my DIY, although two months later it failed.
Oh and one of the 6 clips broke off for no reason.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I posted my DIY, although two months later it failed.
Oh and one of the 6 clips broke off for no reason.
That's not good, thinkin' of how expensive the device is...

You guys can try to play with the 2 t6 screws that hold the frame in place.

When I disassembled my n900 and put it back together I noticed that hitting the space bar felt different. It was the little strip from the frame that was actually moving up and down.

I backed the screws off and then tightened them just until I felt them bottom out, not even the tiniest bit of pressure after. Much better now.

I would guess that is the only difference between all these n900's. How tight the screws are. Too tight and that strip will bow more.

Tags
broken, gap, hardware, hardware keyboard, keyboard, keyboard problem, keyboard quality, keyboard surround, loose, n900, problem