Active Topics

Originally Posted by birdmanyan View Post
I encountered the same problem.

My way to fix it is removing all the list file except aeige one under folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then refresh your updates again in "setting-application-manage application". Afterwards, it should work.

BTW, you can use # to comment all the sources in the list files instead of removing the file.
It worked for me as well. First I struggled, because I did not refresh the update section - so you have to click refresh (even though it does not seem to have a visible effect) to make it work.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This thread is redundant....

We already have a thread for discussing this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82612&page=42
More appropriate sub-form too...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Sorry, jalyst, but this thread is about a specific problem and that thread is cluttered with people happy about their updates. I'd rather keep this one.

By the way, none of the fixes mentioned in this or that thread worked for me. Does anybody know of an alternative that doesn't involve flashing my device?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pedroesteban View Post
Sorry, jalyst, but this thread is about a specific problem and that thread is cluttered with people happy about their updates. I'd rather keep this one.
No problem here....
But the danger is that you'll miss lots of useful info. that's being posted there.
It's a much higher volume thread...
Sure there's the odd "happy person", but the emphasis is on "how to upgrade".
It makes little sense to split-up that debate.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-02 at 00:28. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by birdmanyan View Post
I encountered the same problem.

My way to fix it is removing all the list file except aeige one under folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then refresh your updates again in "setting-application-manage application". Afterwards, it should work.

BTW, you can use # to comment all the sources in the list files instead of removing the file.
If I try to delete the file meecatalog.list or osa.list I get an error that it can't delete it, I am using the app file manager.

Help