Active Topics

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
I love my n900 and would never sell or trade it for anything else and powered by nuclear power blue dream.
Powered by blue dream

Nokia N810 32gb
CSSU Stable Latest
Telescope
Turbo Kernel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post:
The best phone ever made and probably the last decent phone ever made if you are a *nix console jockey.

(And I say that fully acknowledging all the "cons" that have been mentioned).

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
you dont need to think go and buy one befor you are too late it will change your life 180 degree if you use it in the right way cant you see all of the cool app that n900 run here also it could crack wirelesses routers and do so many other cool things
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
you dont have to think, you only have to do it, and the results are always perfect and thats old news (kurt cobain)

When I had my n900 I sung its praises, even though i probably didnt use it to its full potential, then I went to the n8 and now the n9. But now in hindsight the one thing that I did not like was the screen, it was a resistive touchscreen, and it scratched super easily.......also my stylus always ended up getting lost inside my sofa

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Look at here for some N900 advices.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Do you see yourself as a bit of a tinkerer with gadgets or do you code at all? If you do then would no doubt enjoy the n900.

It is a great little device if you are that way inclined or if you want to start learning more into mobile development, think of it as the spiritual cousin to the beagle and panda boards that can make phone calls too

However there are plenty of other ways to enjoy the n900 with a plethora of games, a great web browser, IR port, FM transmitor that will keep you entertained with little or no instruction needed.

Maybe if you created a list of the top 10 things you like to do with your phones and gadgets, then we can see if it would suit you?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
can i mention one major con is the usb breaking off, it will never behave it self ever again.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
I wont be making a top list but yes, i do like some tinkering and customising my phone. Im not a coder but I do understand some coding and as long as theres a guide to do something, im fine (or have been so far).. I never just blindly go and do things what guides say, I take my time and read it thru and try to understand why/how things work
only thing im actually worried about is the resitive screen and if i get used to it again, but then again, I like using stylus instead of finger sometimes.
already bidded on local ebay kind of place, hopefully I win too bad gotta wait till sunday as the bid ends then

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The resistive screen is actually not a problem. It's one of those things you adjust to, then forget. You can usually use your fingers or stylus, take your pick.

Someone mentioned losing the stylus. Unlike with a capacitive screen, this is not a problem. Use the top end of a ballpoint pen or anything else as a substitute. I often use the capacitive pen I bought for my Android on the N900, works perfectly.

I am not a coder but that doesn't bother me when I'm using my two N900s.

Although the N900 has been around awhile, interesting new things keep appearing. MaeMeeMo redesigns the N900 interface in a pleasing and efficient way. Pierogi gives you a remote that supports a vast number of devices. Waze, a friendly GPS program, is fairly new. There are new calculators and editors. Rarely a dull moment.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-04-18 at 05:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia