Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
so, what you want from app? it fully functional.

One idea... I saw that you hinted to someone that it is possible to enter MUC rooms with XMPP on N9 because telepathy.gabble supports it. The problem is just a misssing UI for that. Could you maybe create an App called for instance "Chatrooms" in the App grid, which opens an additional (newly created) UI where you can list active MUC and enter a MUC room?

And of course I would like to see the App coming back to OVI store. What exactly is the problem when your libs are not located in /usr/lib but instead in /opt/ ?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Correct me if I'm wrong, atm extraplugins use haze for Msn support and this doesn't offer audio/video calls, multichat or own avatar support. Is it possible to use telepathy-butterfly instead since it seems to support all these and still able to integrate it to the system.
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Haze vs Butterfly

i'm using common telepathy-haze and libpurple0 from debian, compiled for harmattan, it working from traditional for pc /usr directory. if i just move files to /opt nothing will work
need to make some changes and recompile both libraries to make them work from /opt. but i dont know how. and i would not. it working fine, i dont want to spare much time to make Ovi Publish happy. ***** off. =)

and project for Contacts with rooms support was in developing. but i stopped it too not using my phone for chatting anymore. Both project was need for myself, but now i dont need them.

@Kozzi, butterfly working with many python extensions, it's extra battery drain for mobile platform. Suitable only for PC.
and extraplugins provide only chat, it's main kredo =)

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Ok, now i understand...I thought you were using Telepathy Gabble for jabber/XMPP but it seems you're also using libpurple for this, right?

#1 Can't you use telepathy Gabble which is already shipped for XMPP then you would at least not need any extra libs? Ok still leaves other protocols with the problem you mentioned...

#2 Or we need to create an extra version of libpurple :-)
Could you list which libs you need and which need to reside in /usr/lib?

#3 By the way...with Telepathy Gabble. Wouldn't we be able to use its Audio/Video features in 1.2?

Last edited by zappAtom; 2012-03-14 at 16:33.

right, gabble for jabber, haze for other.
you can check files in sources on gitorious
call feature for gtalk released (by nokia?) and in store. i think you can modd it for other protocol supporting call.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Contacts with room support? What is that?

read more messages than one please, it's forum.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I read more messages, I searched for it, didn't find and ask, hope for an answer.