Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
thx for the app.
can't get this app to make any sound
I get a warning when starting groove.

you dont seem to have package gstreamer-0.10-plugins-good installed

some video features have been disabled
The music will not play if the device is on a silent profile (this differs from media player) or the volume is low. I haven't experienced any issues with this and let me know if this issue persists for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Works fine! Thanks!

Originally Posted by deed View Post
hi Dotblank!
Thanks for your efforts. By the way, not meaning to be "nasty", but I would like the previous release back!!! I explain:
The last one was playing songs very well, and you could keep the app open and add songs for as long as you wanted; this one exit with fault after few seconds of playing...
The playlist menu still do nothing, at least for me! When you hit the "queue" button, to add songs to the supposed play list, it downloads them, witch in my opinion is faulty, but anyway, I was not able to know if the added songs would play because as I stated before, the app exit (close) before the end of the first song!
A suggestion:
Would not be better to have the possibility to tick (check) the songs you want to listen directly on the result list, then play the selected songs? Maybe after parsing the list to find the next checked. And so the playlist menu would have for only purpose to show the list of only "ticked" items.
Well I'm not sure my explanations are so clear! By the way, previous release was playing correctly, this one doesn't!
Thanks for the feedback. I did find the device can segfault when adding items to the playlist too quickly (I believe it happens if you add 2 new tracks before the previous is downloaded, A am still debugging this issue). I like your suggestion but you won't be able to "untick" when you search for different songs (this could be later resolved by unticking from a playlist view). I have not witnessed the incorrect song playback issue. Can you give more details when this occurs?

Also the "Play Now" button should behave relatively similar to before the update if you are having issues with segfaults

Edit: I made the device immediately download playlist items because when on a cellular network network performance can be slow and this essentially buffers the entire playlist. I found the n900 has an insane amount of memory, I was able to queue about 20-30 mins of music easily

Last edited by Dotblank; 2010-06-26 at 13:32.

Originally Posted by Godoy View Post
When I choose a song to play it always plays some other song that isn't even listed in the search I made.
Does this occur when Play Now is used instead?

I have not witnessed the incorrect song playback issue. Can you give more details when this occurs?
I may have explain wrongly this part: There is no playback issue! The right song plays normaly (even well I must say), but when add something to queue, it simply crash the app after few secs of playback.
I may have fallen in the situation you describe: adding many songs too quickly...
For now, I'm uninstalling the app and reinstall from scratch to see if things are better, and gona take care of your advice about adding songs more "softly"!
I'll give feed back just after.
Thanks for keeping working on this. It'll be a killer music app!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
I'm installing Groove from the app manager, and it's also in my "uninstall list"

It isn't in my Applications Menu though.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Originally Posted by real_per View Post
I'm installing Groove from the app manager, and it's also in my "uninstall list"

It isn't in my Applications Menu though.
Am I doing something wrong ?
You have to install using apt-get right now. I plan to fix this in a newer version.

Edit: The new version has a .desktop entry. If you still have the old version you can start it in xterm by running "groove"

Last edited by Dotblank; 2010-06-26 at 13:54.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
The music will not play if the device is on a silent profile (this differs from media player) or the volume is low. I haven't experienced any issues with this and let me know if this issue persists for you.
Now its working. Re installed and removed several other apps. Could have been pauleta world cup widget. removed the sound for me before...

the app is even greater with sound
thx again.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
when i choose a song it says added to playlist. but i cant open my playlist

and when i check the download status its stuck at 4%

i tried restarting but it didnt work

Yeah Dotblank! You were right, I was adding songs way too quickly, without paying attention to the download part... It's OK now, no more seg fault exit!
I find this way of doing a bit slow though, but I understand your concern about network performance so it's OK.
Anyway, is the "playlist menu's supposed to display the playlist on the screen? For me it seems to do nothing, I still have the result window with the selected songs marked as "added to playlist" and all the not selected ones along.
That's might be because I'm testing on only one artist's songs. I'll check more with various search results...