Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I'll comment briefly on them:

- swipe left-right for up-down
- screen is actually in landscape even though everything shows up in portrait (tap status bar and you will notice)
: These issues are somehow related. We expect to have them fixed soon - webkit/qt people are working on it as Lauro has pointed.

- pages won't load after pressing ente, it goes to about:blank
: Right now there is no connection to the "n9 network manager", so if you don't have a network connection established it won't open the urls - we'll try to show a warning about this at least.

- bring up url bar by swiping on the tab bar
: The idea is to show up the url bar when you scroll down the top of the page beyond its limits - like facebook app does to update entries.

- change tabs by swiping on those dots
: I'm working on "change tabs by swiping the overview screen" feature too. So it will be possible to change tabs using different approaches.

- options button doesn't work
- cant find away to add bookmark
: These features will be implemented in the future.

- cant close tab
: It's already implemented in the latest commits.

- elements style chooser on tmo doesn't work
: I didn't get this one. Sorry

- wait for the beta release.
: As Quim Gil said: right now it's not targeted to end users. But development is in a quick pace.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Luciano Wolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
The element thingy is actually forum style chooser which you can find on this page on bottom left. I just wanted to see how snowshoe format the mobile version of this forum.

and thanks for your reply, I saw those commits and am reaally excited about this project. Can you answer if there is addons support for flash or bookmarklets?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
i have two questions:
1. is this available for any device that is actually powered by maemo(as i havent seen qt5 for maemo yet, albeit there is a tiny chance i somehow missed it)
2. if not why is this here and not in harmattan subsection

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
No addons support is planned in the short term. We are focusing mostly on usability/stability.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luciano Wolf For This Useful Post:
Hi GrimyHR, we don't have support for Maemo. The mobile version platform of choice was Harmattan/N9. Some of UI interactions would have to be re-think, like pinch support, to fit into older hardware/OS. About the subsection, maybe the first posting guy just put this thread in the wrong place

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luciano Wolf For This Useful Post:
I'm very much looking forward to this browser, the stock one is just too barebones. Thanks guys, keep up the good work

Is there a place to post requested features etc? or must it be done on this forum?

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
I'm very much looking forward to this browser, the stock one is just too barebones. Thanks guys, keep up the good work

Is there a place to post requested features etc? or must it be done on this forum?
Try the Issues page on github: https://github.com/snowshoe/snowshoe/issues

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
1. is this available for any device that is actually powered by maemo(as i havent seen qt5 for maemo yet, albeit there is a tiny chance i somehow missed it)
2. if not why is this here and not in harmattan subsection
On part 2, there are quite a few Harmattan apps announced in the Applications forum so I put the topic here.

The Applications forum does not specify any specific OS version.

I think the OS Platform forums are for just that, discussing the specifcs of the operating systems Maemo 5 or Harmattan etc (not applications).

(Otherwise why have the Applications forum at all, and the Maemo 5 applications would be discussed under Forum >> OS / Platform >> Maemo 5 / Fremantle ? )

However, a moderator should move the topic if they so desire, and also add a note to the forum description to explain any such OS version limitations.

Thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Attempting to load any site gives me a 404 strangely... Looks nice though!!!

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by caa View Post

The Applications forum does not specify any specific OS version.

However, a moderator should move the topic if they so desire, and also add a note to the forum description to explain any such OS version limitations.
what do you mean by version? its a different distro and i dont see why there would be a need for an explanation why only maemo applications should be in the application subsection of maemo.org, i come here to see whats new in the world of maemo powered devices (770-n900) and when i see a new thread in application subsection anouncing a new application i expect it to work on maemo...
when i log into ubuntu forum i dont expect to see a bunch of posts about redhat only related stuf...

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post: