Notices

Has anyone tried SRWare Iron? It's a browser based on Chromium (focused on optimizing privacy and security), and they always include a .deb in their Linux releases. I use it on my work laptop and it runs great.

I'm pretty sure it should work on the phone... can anyone give it a go and report back with results?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pretiacruento For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by Pretiacruento View Post
Has anyone tried SRWare Iron? It's a browser based on Chromium (focused on optimizing privacy and security), and they always include a .deb in their Linux releases. I use it on my work laptop and it runs great.

I'm pretty sure it should work on the phone... can anyone give it a go and report back with results?
Could anyone with experienced skills put their hands in the dirt???

I'm going to see if i can install it inside easy debian!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Could anyone with experienced skills put their hands in the dirt???
Unfortunately I'm not that Linux-savvy yet... gimme a break here!

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretiacruento For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
[redirecting thread to most current happenings as cromium or cromium based compiles might work ]
Using Chrome these (I assume Dalvik) apps can run https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yo8/edit#gid=0
here is the Chrome APK converter discussion thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1439912

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser