Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
WOW!
Browser works so much better now!
Indeed. Although the old bug is still there. When you close the browser after a longish session, possibly with a few downloads, it then refuses to start again the next day. It sits there spinning for a few seconds and then shuts down. Killing sailfish-browser sometimes helps, but most of the times the only cure is a reboot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Indeed. Although the old bug is still there. When you close the browser after a longish session, possibly with a few downloads, it then refuses to start again the next day. It sits there spinning for a few seconds and then shuts down. Killing sailfish-browser sometimes helps, but most of the times the only cure is a reboot.
Hmm, never encountered this one...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Einstein discovered the equivalence of matter and energy. Physicists later discovered the equivalence of matter, energy and information. The consequences are worrying. If you concentrate too much information in one place, you can create an information implosion. In a word, a black hole.

This is the reason the updates fail so frequently.
Fascinating! So what is the mass of a bit or byte?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Every new update draining a lot more battery than previous. THis is normal.
I read somewhere several weeks ago, "next update should fix some battery issues" so I didn't bother report it.

But now I think it could be cause of some cellular issue on my FP2.

Cellular is often getting disabled on FP2 for unknown reason and I have to go to settings and toggle 3G setting then it comes back.

Maybe cellular is retrying connect in background and fail all the time and drains battery? I should probably report this somewhere not sure where...

Anyone with FP2 who has similar issues? Notice this was seen before upgrade but battery seems drain even faster now. Not holding a day

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Fascinating! So what is the mass of a bit or byte?
It's one quantum unit of mass. But from this also follows that information has temperature, as it is also unit of entropy. Go figure!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
But from this also follows that information has temperature
Sure it does. Equivalence, remember?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Hmm, never encountered this one...
I cannot reproduce it at will either. But it is guaranteed to happen at least once a month. Usually after an intensive browsing session lasting nonstop for at least an hour, with lots of skipping from one page to another. Downloading lots of stuff may also be related. Follow a link, start a download, navigate back, follow another link... never linger anywhere for longer than two minutes. After an hour or two of that, close the browser. Go to sleep. Try to start the browser the next day. Tada!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I read somewhere several weeks ago, "next update should fix some battery issues" so I didn't bother report it.

But now I think it could be cause of some cellular issue on my FP2.

Cellular is often getting disabled on FP2 for unknown reason and I have to go to settings and toggle 3G setting then it comes back.

Maybe cellular is retrying connect in background and fail all the time and drains battery? I should probably report this somewhere not sure where...

Anyone with FP2 who has similar issues? Notice this was seen before upgrade but battery seems drain even faster now. Not holding a day
nodevel has documented what might be a fix for this issue here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1023

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's one quantum unit of mass. But from this also follows that information has temperature, as it is also unit of entropy. Go figure!
Does the fact that information has temperature explain why the Note 7s are catching fire?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Does the fact that information has temperature explain why the Note 7s are catching fire?
May be samsung and google are stealing too much information such that the device electronics cannot stand. It might have resulted in a breakdown at some point which exponentially increases the flow of data and hence temperature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post: