Just in case anyone's interested, I have a working blender 2.4 build at https://github.com/radiochickenwax/blender-n900-maemo. It runs pretty smooth for modeling and animation, but really slow for rendering.

All you need to run it is the binary from here. It's statically linked against maemo's python-2.5.4.

Unfortunately however, this doesn't work using the default window manager in hildon-desktop. So if you want to run this, you'll have to change that. See post#3 for a cool workaround. I started some poor instructions here.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Last edited by radiochickenwax; 2014-06-22 at 16:59.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to radiochickenwax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
this is out of this world, bump!

For those who don't want to change window manager and want to see how it works:
Code:
wmctrl -l  => find window id of blender 
xdotool windowunmap "blenderId"
xprop -f _NET_WM_STATE 32a -set _NET_WM_STATE _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN -id "blenderId"
xdotool windowmap "blenderId"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by radiochickenwax View Post
Just in case anyone's interested, I have a working blender 2.4 build at https://github.com/radiochickenwax/blender-n900-maemo. It runs pretty smooth for modeling and animation, but really slow for rendering.

All you need to run it is the binary from here. It's statically linked against maemo's python-2.5.4.

Unfortunately however, this doesn't work using the default window manager in hildon-desktop. So if you want to run this, you'll have to change that. See post#3 for a cool workaround. I started some poor instructions here.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Awesome work bro thanks.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
For those who don't want to change window manager and want to see how it works:
Code:
wmctrl -l  => find window id of blender 
xdotool windowunmap "blenderId"
xprop -f _NET_WM_STATE 32a -set _NET_WM_STATE _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN -id "blenderId"
xdotool windowmap "blenderId"
By " ....want to see how it works " you mean blender doesnt works with your instructions but just appears as a screenshot-like? Because by your instructions i am actually able to use blender without changing my window manager... Is this what you meant?

EDIT:-
It does crash on some options giving omitted at compile time error, eg. Rendering animation and hangs on starting game.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-06-24 at 06:51.

When trying to run the fix, I get "xdotool: not found".

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
When trying to run the fix, I get "xdotool: not found".
You need to install wmctrl , xdotool and x11-utils first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Ok, that worked, and it's running now, but keyboard controls don't seem to work - I can do things through the menus, but can't, say, press space to add an object or navigate the menus with arrow keys. Any suggestions?

taixzo, try set-focus from easy-debian.

I also tried mm3d in chroot and it's better fitted to maemo screen. radiochickenwax, maybe you are interested to port it to maemo

Tags
will it blend?