Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
But AIS probably will work with that applet I mean at the moment message "WLAN: On/Off" when load/unload stock driver should be shown, but I didn't test it.
Oh, right: Yes, that's what happens when you load/unload the drivers to switch from wl12xx to wl1251 and vice versa.

I'm guessing doing it from that applet would have the same effect. And looking briefly at the source code of the applet in question, I'd agree with 412b, they should work together just fine.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Another great feature would be managing USB network. It's not a problem at all when connecting to Linux host, but tricky when connecting to Windows (I mean loading modules by hand).

I'll try to take the scripts from mad-developer package and play with them when I have some more time

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Bad_Habit View Post
Another great feature would be managing USB network. It's not a problem at all when connecting to Linux host, but tricky when connecting to Windows (I mean loading modules by hand).

I'll try to take the scripts from mad-developer package and play with them when I have some more time
If you want to collaborate on that, feel free to PM me. It is such a pain in the *** it is to get USB networking working right...

Mad Developer at least makes it reasonably doable, because it somehow has the capacity to get all the backend configuration stuff. I've tried using DHCP manually today (using udhcpc, which is included in busybox-power), and no luck there what-so-ever.

However, I DID have repeatable success with Mad Developer before... Decided I'd be a bad-*** and get it working without Mad Developer.... turned out I'm not as bad-*** as I thought.

Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
Has anyone else experienced the their N900 crashing when you disable Wifi while there is a connection active.

For me if the power saving mode (from Connection Setup Advanced settings) is Intermediate or Off (which seems to help with SIP choppiness over Wifi) and I disable the Wifi using Advanced Interface Switcher without first disconnecting, the N900 immediately and brutally crashes.
I am bringing this back again after some time, but yes, i had the same problem (with both this program and wifi-switcher). And you helped me fix it (or make a workaround), I just turned the wlan power saving to maximum, and now it doesn't reboots any more.

Although, it would be nice if someone would make a real fix so that I can use intermediate power saving mode again.

Thanks,
Ivan

A few pages before you described an issue concerning kernel panic when the wlan gets turned off. I'm experiencing that problem occasionally ever since I use AIS with the stock kernel.
Now that you introduced the "state on startup" settings and made wlan=off the default, I needed to change that. First, there is no visual feedback if the changes really got saved - hiding the settings dialog on "save" press would clarify things.
Second, and more severe, after a reboot hildon runs until AIS gets loaded, wlan initially on. Then AIS still (!) seems to turn off wlan and reproducably triggers the kernel panic. Since that happens while hildon is still loading, I cannot change any settings from maemo and it is trapped in a reboot loop.
Luckily, there's a android installation on the phone. Where does AIS store its settings in $home? I'd love to just delete them so that I can finally use maemo again, especially since android supports calls - but only without sound.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by tanuva View Post
A few pages before you described an issue concerning kernel panic when the wlan gets turned off. I'm experiencing that problem occasionally ever since I use AIS with the stock kernel.
Now that you introduced the "state on startup" settings and made wlan=off the default, I needed to change that. First, there is no visual feedback if the changes really got saved - hiding the settings dialog on "save" press would clarify things.
There was a bug in saving settings, fixed in build 15.

Second, and more severe, after a reboot hildon runs until AIS gets loaded, wlan initially on. Then AIS still (!) seems to turn off wlan and reproducably triggers the kernel panic. Since that happens while hildon is still loading, I cannot change any settings from maemo and it is trapped in a reboot loop.
Luckily, there's a android installation on the phone. Where does AIS store its settings in $home? I'd love to just delete them so that I can finally use maemo again, especially since android supports calls - but only without sound.
Settings are stored in GConf, so you need to deal with GConf files in /var/lib/gconf/apps

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Settings are stored in GConf, so you need to deal with GConf files in /var/lib/gconf/apps
While I'm trying to figure out how to access Maemo' rootfs from Nitdroid (I hoped I would get away by modifying settings on $home...), do you have any clue what that reboot/kernel panic is caused by?

While I'm trying to figure out how to access Maemo' rootfs from Nitdroid (I hoped I would get away by modifying settings on $home...), do you have any clue what that reboot/kernel panic is caused by?
It's something strange, in fact. Sometime ago I had that kind of issues with kp47, but now it's over and I can't reproduce it.
It seems to me that kernel panic is caused by unloading wl12xx module, at the moment I can't reproduce it, so can't get any kernel log, unfortunatelly.

Moreover, that kernel panic seems to happen only on small part of devices under currently unknown circumstances.

Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
EDIT: testing bluetooth function, 2 bluetooth icons showing up in status bar!,Also 2 times message bar saying bluetooth enabled/disabled. Confict with deskytop bluezwitch??
I have the same problem

Originally Posted by iscio View Post
I have the same problem
Having bluezwitch installed? If yes, then what did you expect?