Active Topics

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Seattle, WA - USA
I am trying to figure out when NokiaUSA first allowed preorders of the N900.

Mine:
Order Placed: 09/08/2009 11:43:01 AM (Pasted from Nokia site)
September 8th

Last edited by Nomad; 2009-11-16 at 16:01.

Can we please merge this in with one of the other dozens of ship date etc threads
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I am trying to figure out when NokiaUSA first allowed preorders of the N900.

Mine:
Order Placed: 09/08/2009 11:43:01 AM
Why do americanisms annoy me so much - from your date i can't tell if you mean 9th august or 8th september?
I recommend you start using 00-month as your formate so it becomes a worldwide discussion

So in the Uk i pre-ordered mine on 29-sept

No need to say that all Americans annoy you because that is the country's date format. You can say that the format itself annoys you but to make a personal attack like that is just plain rude. You can't blame the person when they were taught a certain way through a system.

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Why do americanisms annoy me so much - from your date i can't tell if you mean 9th august or 8th september?
I recommend you start using 00-month as your formate so it becomes a worldwide discussion

So in the Uk i pre-ordered mine on 29-sept

Originally Posted by toratoko View Post
No need to say that all Americans annoy you because that is the country's date format. You can say that the format itself annoys you but to make a personal attack like that is just plain rude. You can't blame the person when they were taught a certain way through a system.
Hehe fair point, but i said Americanisms, not Americans - no offence at all to the americans (Can't beleive i just typed that) - but honestly i just meant the difference we both have in the same language and formats

Anotehr example would be me having to program the word color instead of colour

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I attest to it that different formats for something silly like a date is a pain. And trust these guys when they talk about a world with no borders and all that crap!!

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Oh I fully agree with the statement, just seemed a little hostile. Trust me, if Americans used the metric system along with other international formats...life would be so much easier for me. My whole life has been full of conversions due to having international family and friends.

And on topic - My preorder date was 01-Oct

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Seattle, WA - USA
Thanks - and updated the date format. I have asked in the question in the main preorder thread - but wanted a little more of a focused response.

I was told by CC that preorders began in August on nokiausa.com - but I was pretty certain I bought it the day it became available. TIA

Originally Posted by toratoko View Post
Oh I fully agree with the statement, just seemed a little hostile. Trust me, if Americans used the metric system along with other international formats...life would be so much easier for me. My whole life has been full of conversions due to having international family and friends.

And on topic - My preorder date was 01-Oct
Sorry for the confusion - i'm really not an offensive person i promise!

Agree whole heartedly on the systems, doesnt matter which to me, as long as we all speak the same language so to speak (Formats, not actual language! - that would solve some issues though!)

For the love of God - move this crap to the offtopic section if we cant get it merged. Seriously.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900