I know there is no Uber app for the N900 but is there any way to get Uber to work on the N900 using some sort of web interface? (dont post unless you have actually successfully got quotes for/booked an Uber on an N900)

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
I know there is no Uber app for the N900 but is there any way to get Uber to work on the N900 using some sort of web interface? (dont post unless you have actually successfully got quotes for/booked an Uber on an N900)
I have Uber working with the web interface https://m.uber.com/ under the Midori web browser from sulu's Easy Debian Jessie image and adding the jessie-backports repository. You need to request permission from Uber before they allow you to use the web interface, you can do this first from a desktop web browser. A word of warning though, it's horribly slow and I haven't got it working with location services. I have successfully booked an Uber but I don't use it regularly as it can be a pain to use.

I'm launching Midori in web app mode which helps to reduce its memory footprint. I've created a .desktop shortcut for this which runs the following command:

Code:
debbie midori -e Fullscreen -e enable-scripts=true -p -a https://m.uber.com
I'm launching it in private mode as there was a bug in their web interface which prevented it from loading if there was a cookie present. I'm not sure if this has already been fixed.

EDIT: With it running in full screen mode, you'll need to switch to Hildon's task manager with the Ctrl+Backspace shortcut to quit out of it.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2017-09-05 at 14:05.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: