Active Topics

Of course we are - please report here about outcome. It's no much things more irritating, that "report" being abandoned, when reported think she/he can't get any more useful info from other members

Personally, I really like to gather info/knowledge from other experiences, especially with N900 hardware.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Got phone returned today - sadly it seems it was unrepairable and I've been given a E7 in return...

Going to try and get a new N900 instead, but from what I've read not everyone has been successful. Thanks for your helps guys nonetheless

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKracken For This Useful Post:
Sell E7, buy second market N900 in ideal condition, stay happy with working N900 + not small amount of money left after transaction. Rinse, and repeat
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Help! My N900 doesn't open its camera. When i open camera lens cover, camera doesn't start and yellow message "invalid command" or something, in finnish (my N900's language is finnish) "toiminto epäonnistui" appears on the screen. What should cause that? Overclocking? (i have overclocked my N900 with cpufrequi at same times). Anyone have same problem?

Originally Posted by TheKracken View Post
Hi guys

I've noticed recently the focus on my N900 seems not to be working - using the standard camera app when I half press the camera button (to start the autofocus) the usually focusing signs are given, i.e. the reticle flashes and either turns green or red, but the image is constantly out of focus regardless.

I tried used fcamera to alter the focus manually, but nothing changes despite what value I choose.

This all leads me to think it's a hardware fault, is it possible to break just the "focusing" part of the phone's camera? As the camera still actually takes and saves photos...they're just all out of focus!

Any advice/ideas on how to fix it?
After a heavy rain storm, I can't focus either, or use the focussing button to use the tweak of zooming out to the thumbnails of all open applications. When soft pressing. A hard press works to make a photo, which is out of focus now..

Not sure if it is the button itself I took it apart and alcohol-rubbed it.
But after using Live focus with the keyboard, that works.
So it must be the button, which makes more sense since it is more on the outside. Will dip that again in alcohol and leave in a bucket of rice and update later..

Preferring not to take the lens out...but perhaps I should?

Edit: perhaps I should put it in the oven as I did with the last N900 whose SIM was not working until baking it but that is LAST RESORT

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2015-07-28 at 13:48.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
Any suggestion, anyone has had a problem like this and found a fix????? It's highly annoying after just a little rain storm to not be able to FOCUS
Hmm. You might examine the lens closely to see if perhaps some foreign object is blocking it from moving... (For example, a bit of dust or grit stuck in the mechanism.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. You might examine the lens closely to see if perhaps some foreign object is blocking it from moving... (For example, a bit of dust or grit stuck in the mechanism.)
1 - dissaembled the N900
2 - pressed with a screwdriver on the metal hedges that are under the shutter button, pressing them a bit more firmly into place
3 - took a q-tip, richly dipped in 96% percent alcohol from the drugstore and dropped some of the fluid around the lens and dipped the part of the motherboard with the shutter button in a cup filled with the liquid.

4 - put it in a box of rice to dry.

5 - being impatient, put the oven on 100 degrees celsius and stuck the motherboard in for 5 minutes (above 130 the plastic keyboard
and the plastic connector around the camera system can and will melt)

6 - took it out, burned a finger, let it cool down

7 - reassembled, stuck a battery in, boot, start camera app

8 - miraculously it works again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post: