Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I just learned about a Bug in the webremote plugin at some newer DreamBox Receiver.

If you press the Text Button for Videotext the Box enters the Videotext mode but you would be unable to exit. It is not up to DreamRemote and I'm unable to fix this. It also occurs if you control your box by using the default build in web remote by entering the IP Adress of your box into a normal web browser.

I will perhaps simply remove the Text button, even if I don't like this solution.

It affects so far the new Dreambox Models DM8000HD and DM7020HD.
At the DM7025 over here it works without problems.

Read here the discussion at the dream multimedia support forum: DreamMultimedia

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Are you using different application target for the lite and full versions? Do they install in different positions (/opt/dreamremotelite and /opt/dreamremotefull)?

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Are you using different application target for the lite and full versions? Do they install in different positions (/opt/dreamremotelite and /opt/dreamremotefull)?
I use different application target's, but it installs in the same location. The target was to replace the demo if someone purchases the full version. So the name of the package is also identical. (and I don't know how to change it inside of the Qt Creator)
On package level it works this way flawless.

As soon as I install the full version the package of the demo got replaced.

This is how my .pro file looks like:

Code:
#CONFIG += freelite
CONFIG += fullversion

freelite {
    DEFINES += VERSIONLITE
    TARGET = DreamRemoteDemo
}
fullversion {
    DEFINES += VERSIONFULL
    TARGET = DreamRemote
}

#------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Harmattan
unix:!symbian:!maemo5 {
    message(Harmattan build)
    DEFINES += Q_WS_HARMATTAN

freelite {
        target.path = /opt/DreamRemote/bin
        dfile.files = qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/DreamRemoteDemo.desktop
        dfile.path = /usr/share/applications
        icon64.files = Icon/Harmattan/DreamRemoteDemo.png
        icon64.path = /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps
        INSTALLS += target dfile icon64
    }
    fullversion {
        target.path = /opt/DreamRemote/bin
        dfile.files = qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/DreamRemote.desktop
        dfile.path = /usr/share/applications
        icon64.files = Icon/Harmattan/DreamRemote.png
        icon64.path = /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps
        INSTALLS += target dfile icon64
    }
}
I simply switch the comment of the first two lines to build the different versions.

The idea was to create a possibility to check if everything works without spending any kind of money. Only who is satisfied should buy the full version. A solution as fair as possible. And I wanted to avoid this way bad ratings, too.

But I have in the meantime already a bad rating and the demo blocks sometimes a purchase, so I asked now nokia to remove the demo from the store until I have a idea how to fix this.
Perhaps I will create it as a totally different applications with the possibility to install both on the same device. Not very well because nobody will need the demo after buying the full version... but well.
A Nokia employee has raised in the meantime a internal bug report about this kind of issue. From his point of view it should work without problems if the demo has a lower version numbering at the first digit.
Sadly I'm not expecting a fix before PR1.3 - if it will ever get fixed for Harmattan.

Last edited by helex; 2012-02-25 at 14:17.

You're doing it wrong, you're creating two packages with same name, same files but different price. Ovi store is not able to understand which one the user has acquired in this way.

First of all, the TARGET = DreamRemoteDemo you're using is pointless since you have removed the macros from the project file. You have to leave it like this:
} else:!isEmpty(MEEGO_VERSION_MAJOR) {
desktopfile.files = $${TARGET}_harmattan.desktop
desktopfile.path = /usr/share/applications
icon.files = $${TARGET}80.png
icon.path = /usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps
otherwise all the template creation of QtCreator is wasted.

Second, you always have to avoid having two packages sharing the same file, or they will conflict with each others. The best way is to add dependency, but on Ovi store you have to duplicate them in case you need.

Third, you have to change package name: QtCreator>>Projects>>Harmattan-Run>>Create Package(details)>>package name. This is what will be put in the control file and will be used to identify the package.

Hope to have helped you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
You're doing it wrong, you're creating two packages with same name, same files but different price. Ovi store is not able to understand which one the user has acquired in this way.
Yes, just the moment I realized this behavior at ClipMan I contacted the ovi support and asked for the best advice how to solve this issue without "breaking" more or messing with the data on the devices of people who installed the application. It was the beginning of a long conversation. The first advice was to create two different branches because the packages are internally renamed:

[name]_[mainversionnumber]_[itemID]_[minornumbers].deb

And he gave me the advice to change the full version to, at example, 1.1.3 and the lite or demo to 0.1.3. Apart from this the debian packages seemed okay to him without any kind of conflicts. I followed this advice and at DreamRemote I created for the full version 2.x.x and the Demo 1.x.x - but I just checked again, if I created a rating at ClipManLite I'm unable to buy ClipMan. And I was only after deinstalling DreamRemoteDemo able to buy myself DreamRemote. (strange feeling to pay money for the own app)

First of all, the TARGET = DreamRemoteDemo you're using is pointless since you have removed the macros from the project file. You have to leave it like this:

[...]

otherwise all the template creation of QtCreator is wasted.
I'm not sure if I got it. So the macros doesn't mather except the naming of the files?
If I left the target empty nothing would change at the way I have created the project file?

Second, you always have to avoid having two packages sharing the same file, or they will conflict with each others. The best way is to add dependency, but on Ovi store you have to duplicate them in case you need.
Just in case you know it, am I able to deinstall a different package before apt is installing my package? And how tell I this Qt Creator?

Third, you have to change package name: QtCreator>>Projects>>Harmattan-Run>>Create Package(details)>>package name. This is what will be put in the control file and will be used to identify the package.

Hope to have helped you.
Yes, definitively! Thanks a lot! I will see how I will solve this issue in detail.

This will bring me back to my first concern I mailed to andrew and the developer support regarding ClipManLite. If I change now the packaging of the demo or Lite version no user which has downloaded the initial version will receive updates because the packages are totally different.

Any ideas?!

Last edited by helex; 2012-02-25 at 18:42.

The Target does matter, but you have to leave the paths and files with the macros QtCreator created, which make use of it. When you have
Code:
desktopfile.files = $${TARGET}_harmattan.desktop
        desktopfile.path = /usr/share/applications
you don't have to specify if it's the lite or full version, since you're done changing the Target directly.

I don't know how to remove a package before installing another one. I don't think QA team will make such a prerm script even pass.

You have to focus keeping the paid version working, so that is the package which must keep its package name and item id, otherwise users which have paid it won't be pleased. So you should remove the lite version, change the package name and resubmit it. The content item id is already another one, isn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
You have to focus keeping the paid version working, so that is the package which must keep its package name and item id, otherwise users which have paid it won't be pleased. So you should remove the lite version, change the package name and resubmit it. The content item id is already another one, isn't it?
Yes, the content item id is totally different. I will follow your advice since it is the best compromise to fix this issue finally. Sadly this way the demo will stop getting updated. At DreamRemoteDemo perhaps a minor problem, but I don't like this fact at ClipManLite. And the users have to remove the free version manually after purchasing...

The developer support said some weeks ago it wouldn't be a good idea to rename one of the packages. But I guess in the end this is the cleanest solution for everyone. Okay, except early birds wich don't like to pay the amount of a coke for hard work.

Thanks for your great help!

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The Enigma web interface is the same for all dreamboxes, and displays the larger remote that is used for 7025 etc. The DM500 uses a smaller remote with fewer buttons (see below). It does have an Info button, but it must be mapped differently. I'll see if I can discover the correct command for Enigma1 boxes (if it exists).

Thanks, never seen a Enigma1 box in real-life.

What Layout would you prefer for your DM500?
The current layout from the web interface or a layout that fits more to your real remote?

Have all Enigma 1 based receiver the same remote layout?

Sure, I can see that there are quite a few instances where the standard components are not sufficient for your application. I have experienced the same thing myself.
It's the first release of a new user interface desription language. I'm already very surprised how well it works.

My advice is to not even read the reviews in the store, because you cannot respond to them, and they often do not contain sufficient information to act on. The information in the store clearly states that people should use the contact email address or website to report issues. Simply ranting in the review section or giving a one-star rating is of no use to anyone.
Oh yes, well made words. A reply feature should be essential. And also one-star ratings without text should be impossible. Also the possibility to delete ratings after fixing a criticised bug or deleting of bad ratings without rationale explanation.

The Chinese make a lot of Dreambox clones, that's for sure. They are a lot cheaper than the genuine boxes. I'm not sure how popular they are in China, though. I thought most of their business was in Europe.
Yes, I saw those on eBay. But the download statistics for DreamRemote speaks volumes. The paid version is perhaps not very representative. The numbers are not that high. But the free Demo version got downloaded 593 times in 3 days. And 541 downloads from China. Place 2 is Iraq with 14 downloads and afterwards germany with 5 downloads.
I'm sure, the most of the chinese downloads are not for original receiver made by dream multimedia.

Scary. Really scary. I'm still somewhat shocked and disillusioned.

No, it doesn't work for me. I didn't really expect it to. However, it does work from the web interface, so it's probably down to the Enigma1 image and how it executes the command.
If you find a working Enigma 1 command to get a screenshot from your DM500 by accident while searching a working command for the Info button I would be glade to integrate it.

I bought the app myself and realized the screenshot function is not working on my installation, too.
The creation of a needed tmp file seems to fail. I guess this is aegis related. Expect a update with the fix this week.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Thanks, never seen a Enigma1 box in real-life.

What Layout would you prefer for your DM500?
The current layout from the web interface or a layout that fits more to your real remote?
The differences are small, so I don't really mind having the layout as it is.

Have all Enigma 1 based receiver the same remote layout?
I believe so. I know 500 and 600 have the same remote.

If you find a working Enigma 1 command to get a screenshot from your DM500 by accident while searching a working command for the Info button I would be glade to integrate it.
I haven't found the command for the Info button. I know the Enigma2 key number is 358, but I couldn't find one for Enigma1.

The command for the screenshot is

Code:
http://<dreambox_ip_address>/body?mode=controlScreenShot
The resulting screenshot image is located at

Code:
http://<dreambox_ip_address>/root/tmp/screenshot.bmp
I did a quick test and used wget to download the screenshot image, and it works.

You may already have seen these, but here's a couple of links for web interface commands:

http://radiovibrations.com/dreambox/webif.htm

and a Wiki in German:

http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Webinterface_Befehle

It would be cool to have some of the EPG/Timer commands etc. For example, you could retrieve the EPG and display it in a QML WebView (or use your own display UI), and allow setting of a record timer without needing to see the TV.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
dreambox, network, neutrino, remote, remote control