Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Thanks for the answer My friend

I presume now that N900 and N9 are left to die slowly with no support for Maemo and Meego

Thanks very much and hope you all the best

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
lol. it's development thread. you will notice announcement if something working will be done

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
You are the best and forver shall be dude keep up enlighting us please

May God Bless you Coderus

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
@liar are you only working on N9, or also the N900?
i am working on the n9 but it should be reusable on the n900

currently i am a little stuck, i can now execute surfaceflinger through apkenv and it renders to the screen (renders over the existing screen content) (which means it behaves exactly like surfaceflinger in a chroot) but once i try to make it render into an X11 window i get a black window only

if somebody wants to experiment with me i've attached prepatched egl and gles libs (this patch: https://github.com/krnlyng/apkenv/co...83011719982d04 )

query me on irc (freenode, username: krnlyng) if you run into problems or need further instructions
Attached Files
File Type: tar libs_tlspatched.tar (279.5 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by liar; 2014-06-30 at 18:36.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by liar View Post
currently i am a little stuck, i can now execute surfaceflinger through apkenv and it renders to the screen (renders over the existing screen content) (which means it behaves exactly like surfaceflinger in a chroot) but once i try to make it render into an X11 window i get a black window only
Are you using Xephyr to render it in an X11 window or are you doing it some other way?

Alternatively, you could forget about starting it in an X11 window and start it on another VT and remap some keys to make it easy to switch back and forth between X11 and SurfaceFlinger.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Are you using Xephyr to render it in an X11 window or are you doing it some other way?

Alternatively, you could forget about starting it in an X11 window and start it on another VT and remap some keys to make it easy to switch back and forth between X11 and SurfaceFlinger.
i create the window like in this example: http://wiki.maemo.org/SimpleGL_example and surfaceflinger uses egl, i hope that explains it a little

and to your other question, i wouldn't know how to do that (probably one of the reasons why i am failing is because i don't know much about graphics)

The Following User Says Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i create the window like in this example: http://wiki.maemo.org/SimpleGL_example and surfaceflinger uses egl, i hope that explains it a little

and to your other question, i wouldn't know how to do that (probably one of the reasons why i am failing is because i don't know much about graphics)
Xephyr is an X server can be run inside another X server as a window. To be honest I'm not totally sure that it could be used to run SurfaceFlinger but it might be worth exploring.

VTs (virtual terminals) are what on a Linux PC you would normally switch between using Ctrl+Alt+FunctionKey or the chvt command. It's possible to run separate X servers on each VT should you desire to do that. One would assume you could also run SurfaceFlinger on one of them and switch between that VT and the one running X11.

You would probably need to "modprobe fbcon" and would possibly need compile a kernel with support extra VTs too.

You can find a keymap here which maps Fn+VolumeButtons to change VT on the N900. It should be possible to do something similar on the N9.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Xephyr is an X server can be run inside another X server as a window. To be honest I'm not totally sure that it could be used to run SurfaceFlinger but it might be worth exploring.

VTs (virtual terminals) are what on a Linux PC you would normally switch between using Ctrl+Alt+FunctionKey or the chvt command. It's possible to run separate X servers on each VT should you desire to do that. One would assume you could also run SurfaceFlinger on one of them and switch between that VT and the one running X11.

You would probably need to "modprobe fbcon" and would possibly need compile a kernel with support extra VTs too.

You can find a keymap here which maps Fn+VolumeButtons to change VT on the N900. It should be possible to do something similar on the N9.
seems like volkspc are doing something similar, check out http://www.volkspc.org/unified-distribution/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
liar,
and whether there is a more affordable installation instructions ( about launch nitdroid of a meego chroot)?
That where the patch? where to get that?
I do not quite understand ((

Last edited by Alexxxl; 2014-12-04 at 08:36.

regarding my chroot method:
Xorg and surfaceflinger are fighting for the framebuffer. Why didn't i think of just pausing one of them? (kill -STOP, kill -CONT) this might allow us to switch between nitdroid and harmattan with minimal latency (no need for a full reboot!)
Once my n9 boots, i will take another look at this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv