Hey can anyone test if this site works on the N900?

http://www.gametrailers.com

What's the performance on SD and HD videos?

The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyrockets911 For This Useful Post:
Funny, I was just about to ask the same question... I hang around on that site every day

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Testing it now for you guys. Tried the modern warfare II thing, episode 3. It shows and it starts playing. But it is choppy and audio is interrupted and the device has a 100% load. Both using the default HD as the SD (did not seem to make much of a difference?). Guess we'll have to wait for GPU accelerated decoding for that one.

Trying some other media formats they have now.

------------update
Seemingly, not able to get anything to play. Is everything on there flash now? They used to have quicktime and windows media too? :S

Last edited by Quindor; 2009-11-26 at 23:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quindor For This Useful Post:
If you're planning to watch flash videos, good luck with that. I wouldn't count on it until at least flashplayer 10 is released. Recently they decided to go all flash and along with that they implemented a clunky flash player that even brings down my desktop to its knees. All videos play slowly on my desktop (2.0 ghz amd athlon 64 dual core + ati radeon 4670hd) unless I put them in full screen view, helping somewhat. HD Videos are out of the question and sd videos I expect them to play slow.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Interestingly enough their new flash player is playing better than their old one Much better at least on my Linux desktop with 64bit Flash.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Ah, that awnsers that question...... stupid flash players everywhere!!! Why not use the streaming media standards we have.... they do exist for a reason! ....sigh..

Flash 10 will be your only chance to watch this kind of content.

The end.... :P

Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
Ah, that awnsers that question...... stupid flash players everywhere!!! Why not use the streaming media standards we have.... they do exist for a reason! ....sigh..

Flash 10 will be your only chance to watch this kind of content.

The end.... :P
According to them, numbers of users who watched wmv and quicktime streams were declining so they just went with the more popular flash. This is BS since their real intention was to cut down costs because bandwidth cost more streaming those formats. You can still download videos in these two formats if you click the "download" link under the video. You can try that out and see how well HD videos play on the device itself using the built in video player.

haha I was just about to crap out when I noticed that I couldnt get any trailers playing on my own PC.... Reinstalled flash 'n everything innit...

what a joke!

Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
Testing it now for you guys. Tried the modern warfare II thing, episode 3. It shows and it starts playing. But it is choppy and audio is interrupted and the device has a 100% load. Both using the default HD as the SD (did not seem to make much of a difference?). Guess we'll have to wait for GPU accelerated decoding for that one.

Trying some other media formats they have now.
Aw, that's too bad. How watchable is it? Or I should say, what is the frame rate? Like 10 fps choppy, or like 1 frame every 5 seconds?

Thanks for testing this!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I can't get it to play on mine - stuck on loading the flash app.