Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Zoutube behaves "strange" for me. It seems to always stop about 30 seconds into a vid and never resumes. I also see no way to do a vid search in the app.

BTW, I had my IMEI number registered with Tmo just now, so hope to see GPRS improvements.
How do you register the IMEI with Tmo? I would do that if it helps my reception. Will it affect what they charge on your data plan? My experience has been that my N900 signal is better than my G1, but only by a little bit. I guess the biggest difference is that when my G1 signal gets low it fails to connect w/o telling me, but the N900 actually says Cellular Data Not Available, which gets annoying in a really spotty area.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

4. The "E words" play great and equal or better than Droid (this was not in review- but worth pointing out).
Ok, I have to ask because Googling came up with garbage.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22e%...%22&fp=1&cad=b

What the hell are "E Words"?

Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
How do you register the IMEI with Tmo? I would do that if it helps my reception. Will it affect what they charge on your data plan? My experience has been that my N900 signal is better than my G1, but only by a little bit. I guess the biggest difference is that when my G1 signal gets low it fails to connect w/o telling me, but the N900 actually says Cellular Data Not Available, which gets annoying in a really spotty area.
Call or go to t-mo and give them your phones IMEI. As t-mo rolls out the "better" network the quality of service (Qos) software allocates bandwidth to handsets based on the capability of the handset, additionally the network will poll/check the SIM device pairing for error checking / data Qos, etc....

All these small variables now have a bigger effect as the network gets mores sophisticated.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by johnnyrockets911 View Post
Ok, I have to ask because Googling came up with garbage.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22e%...%22&fp=1&cad=b

What the hell are "E Words"?

In my quietest typing: Emulators

Ten miles from Lexington. In Lexington, the signal is great, but the weaker areas on I75 and where I live have "one bar" areas. G1 was the weakest and has a few black-hole areas, but they last a few hundred meters and then the signal is back. I can go almost two miles in spots with the N900 and the N900 loses signal. I then enter an area with good coverage and the N900 will sometimes not regain signal until at least a minute later. Never experienced this on any previous phone- smartphone or dumb.

Heck, I was not happy with the G1's signal, but would love to have that compared to the N900's. I am very depressed Well, as depressed as device can make someone. The irony.
Sorry to hear that. I live right next to hamburg, any experience there?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
What, exactly, do you need to get access to?

As for flv, there's support in Extras-devel that's being tested as we speak.
Everything, GA. I'm being patient, but my firmware investigator's itch is getting bad. I want to look at every file on the system, and not via CLI. I'm new school, and CLI is too TRS80 for me. I'm not in fifth grade anymore. Xerox, Apple, and Microsoft took me past that years ago, and I don't want to go back for simple tasks. Root stuff, ok, but not simple browsing.

On another note, FLVs play fine, I've discovered. Just not all of them. I have about 20 that won't play. They start and crash the media player. Have to talk to the guy that made that additional support package.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Sorry to hear that. I live right next to hamburg, any experience there?
Edge in that area. I went to Qdoba today. Edge there too. Are you really a Lex native or are you talking Hamburg Germany?

That area (KY one) should get 3G next month. I just work there.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Everything, GA. I'm being patient, but my firmware investigator's itch is getting bad. I want to look at every file on the system, and not via CLI. I'm new school, and CLI is too TRS80 for me. I'm not in fifth grade anymore. Xerox, Apple, and Microsoft took me past that years ago, and I don't want to go back for simple tasks. Root stuff, ok, but not simple browsing.

On another note, FLVs play fine, I've discovered. Just not all of them. I have about 20 that won't play. They start and crash the media player. Have to talk to the guy that made that additional support package.

TRS80! LOL that is what we used to load programs into the EEPROMS for PLC's that we built from scratch in my second year of college (Computer electronics). Good times

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Then install SSH and use an SFTP client. . . . The only "roadblocks" up right now are in your head.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by DREJV View Post
Has the sim card been registered to the IMEI of the N900?
Is that an American thing? I've never heard of such.