After last CSSU Cloud GPS don't work in portrait.
I was trying to blacklist as other programs but it didn't help.

Do you know how to blacklist it properly or any work around?

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
After last CSSU Cloud GPS don't work in portrait.
I was trying to blacklist as other programs but it didn't help.

Do you know how to blacklist it properly or any work around?
same here...
Start it while in landscape mode. After this, it runs also in portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Thanks for that, I spent a little time playing with this today, with some good results.

It appears your first step should read :-

./ozf_decoder.py ./mapfile.OZFX3

This runs without displaying any error. Unfortunately the tiff file it generates is blank. Since I generated my oxfz3 files from tiff in the first place, that doesn't cause me a problem at the moment.

The remaining steps seem to work for me now, I have generated a folder structure with viewable .png files inside.

Can you tell me what you expect to see using the gmaps.html file? I opened it in FF and in IE, I see the google map of the correct area, but I can't see any overlay, even if I adjust the transparency parameter. Not sure what I expect to see, but I guess I should see my tiles overlaid on the google background?

Now I need to read about and play with the settings in providers.ini to get it useable.

I appreciate why it's a bad idea to upload a huge map cluster onto a FAT32 partition. What is the best solution to this? Should I convert MyDocs to ext3, or create an ext3 partition on my SD card and link it, or is there some better solution. (I've not read around this yet, so sorry if It's a repeat question). My usual PC to connect to the N900 is windows based

You can as I have done, create a directory in /opt for your maps and have it mounted at '/home/.maps' when you boot/plug, unplug the usb.

@vi_
yes it maybe a solution, but keep in mind that one tif of 40Mbytes converted for zooms from 8 to 16 needs about 500-600 Mbytes of free space...

Considering zooms from 8 to 15, about 200 Mbytes....

Last edited by xes; 2011-10-03 at 12:59.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You may repartition Your eMMC to gain more space on /home (second partition, ext2) and loose some on MyDocs (first part., FAT).
Personally I would prefer that now (but still have standard layout).

Or,
look here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74415
and create a storage file on MyDocs, keeping all Your map data (max. 4GB).
This is, what I have now (a 4 GB file on MyDocs, formatted as FAT with 512 kB cluster size).

One may also consider, that one file per map provider is possible. So mounting takes places
NOT on /home/user/MyDocs/.maps
BUT on /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OSM I (e.g.)

Whatever solution You choose, the standard eMMC (with 64kB cluster size) is the worst.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
same here...
Start it while in landscape mode. After this, it runs also in portrait.
Yes, but it is using half of the screen this way, other half is black.

@hardkorek

please check the latest cssu updates and pay attention to the ini files changes (the update procedure asks if you want replace them - you should..).
On mine n900 cloudgps rotates perfectly with no black screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
At this moment i'm going crazy to create a unique tile store from more maps partially overlapping the others (so the external tiles are irregular and partially white... ARGGG#! ...and the merging of the map's stores overwrites the correct tiles...GRRR)
Do your original maps overlap each other, or just the generated tiles?
My source maps do not overlap, but because of the map borders, there are multiple versions of some tiles generated.

I couldn't get tiles_merge to work for me, so I hacked up some python to do the same job. It copies all the generated source files into one destination tree. If the destination file already exists, then the two tiles are joined with ImageChops.lighter(im1, im2) from PIL.

This seems to give a reasonable join, but there may be a better method.

Of course, if your source maps overlap, it's going to be more difficult.

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
My maps are offroad maps with white border with coord info and some date and producer detail...
So the white border covers an area already described by another map which i have already converted in another tile store folder....

I'm sorry but i can't understand the purpose of
ImageChops.lighter(im1, im2) where im1 im2 are pieces of maps.....
maybe that your images are black with white lines?

Now i'm writing something to compare the size of the tiles before overwrite (the white one is smaller)

Last edited by xes; 2011-10-05 at 09:36.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Because my maps don't overlap, if I generate two tiles for the same location, then each one is transparent where there is no map information. Using lighter just uses the brightest pixel from either image (transparent registers as dark).

Since your source maps overlap, the problem is a little different. The png file size seems to depend on the number of colours and the amount of detail, so file size is probably a good guide to detecting which on is the 'better' tile to keep.

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app