Hey guys,

Just to pitch in with an idea on the biggest problem related to n900 ie the battery life, im suggesting a solution with my experience.
I have an n900 user since last november. My day starts at about 8 in the morning, with my average usage i had to recharge my phone at about 2 in the afternoon everyday (half an hour plus and minus). 3 days ago just like that i turned off the setting which launches the phone app automatically upon turning it in the portrait position. And since then i have seen atleast 3-4 hours of battery jump. Now i have to recharge at about 6 in the evening. This is the third day and that is why i decided to post it here.

Just try and see if it makes a difference.

To what i think it should make a difference coz logically the accelerometer now is working only if some particular application uses it as opposed to running all the time to check the position of the phone so as to launch the 'phone' application.

somekeystrokes

The Following User Says Thank You to somekeystrokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
hmmm interesting, ill try it now.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
May I ask if you meant the option that enable the phone launch the phone app when turn it into portrait mode?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
May I ask if you meant the option that enable the phone launch the phone app when turn it into portrait mode?
Yes, it seems so.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Yes, it seems so.
That's good. I don't find it useful anyway, because when I want it launch the phone app by turning it, nothing happen; but when I don't want the phone app, it'd suddenly popup by accident. XD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
please could you tell me when it's this option to disable it? I'm not able to disable it

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Phone -> Turning Control -> Launch by Turning

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
In the phone app click on the word phone at the top and you will get a drop down menus, one of the items is turning control and then just unclick "Launch by Turning" and save

I was gonna try it, and then I've realised that all the time this option has been disabled. So no cookies for me

yes 9000 tht happens all the time. it doesnt come immediately when u turn ur phne...so thts simply waste!

The Following User Says Thank You to somekeystrokes For This Useful Post: