Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
I for one am glad that there is a place you can vent OP. My response is simple. I don't think it's so much PR 1.2 as it is with the various issues with the apps.

My response to those that just can't undrstand that sometimes people just have to vent and it's their right even though their writing style may be a bit, uh "unconventional". Keep those posts coming !

This is more amusing than that Tiny Tim concert we went to in Cape May.

Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
i want recaller to work....it used to give me a message saying recaller stopped recording but now telling me recaller terminated ...it's not working ..i tried everything..and the transitions used to be more smooth before..and openning the apps were much faster
Did you ever modify your transitions?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Did you ever modify your transitions?
yes i modified my transitions ..i am using transition control..did the same exact thing in previous firmware but in the new one when i click on call going from landscape mode to portrait is not smooth anymore

Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
yes i modified my transitions ..i am using transition control..did the same exact thing in previous firmware but in the new one when i click on call going from landscape mode to portrait is not smooth anymore
Then that is why. Upgrading reverts to stock transitions. From what I understand, the transition control app hasn't been upgraded to support pr 1.2. So your best bet is to do it manually. Look here for instructions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Toronto - Canada
Seems that kavekave has calmed down =]
his pms is over

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
cry me a river?

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What i would strongly suggest to Nokia is to give out the full source code of PR1.2 with the obvious encrypted drivers in place so that we could all have a damm good go making a proper update lol instead of waiting for damm Nokia to get their fingers out.
Are you saying that we all could put your heads together and produce PR 1.3 ? Thus clearing Nokia of any future criticisms ? Yeah, count me in, Nokia get what they want and can go and concentrate on Meego, and we get an awesome firmware that will only inprove and grow.

Apart from being a willing Alpha tester (GULP !), there's not much more I could contribute I'm afraid.

The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
What a misleading thread title... I wish PR 1.2 could suck - I'd quickly get a divorce

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
......Was to busy p*ssing myself laughing at the "you need the internet for that" comment to come up with a decent response....

OMG you need the internet for an internet tablet??????

what a joke!!!!!!! What were Nokia thinking??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however the OP does highlight how ignorant end users will always blame the product manufacturer in the first instance instead of the the 3rd party app developers (no *****ing here, because I, for one, am eternally grateful for the time and effort - mostly unpaid - that these guys and girls put in for luddites like me) who don't get around to updating their apps for new fw releases.

Having said this, it would be fair to assume that once an application reaches extras, it should be guaranteed stable for use with current fw....or removed from the repos until it is.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is this what it looks like when believers attack a non-believer? Just wondering.

Tags
hi! i suck, nice 2 rant you, spastic typing