Poll: who wants to downgrade back?
Poll Options
who wants to downgrade back?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
Its been a good solid upgrade for me, everything is much smoother and snappier, especially homescreen changing. Only thing i'm not set on is the menu adjustment, but i'm sure i'll stop hitting setting on autopilot eventually!

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
another useless thread you downgrade back you wont be able to use the ovi store when its updated and you guys been whining for 3 months when is this update coming out, now that its out you wanna downgrade back? sometimes i just wish i a mod here.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
so you installed leaked version and didn't reflash while updating. so everything must be a fault of newest firmware then....

e: who wants to yes/no?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I do not have any big problems and my device seems to be little snappier and you are just exaggerating problems. Actually imho update has gone quite smoothly because if there had been big problems this forum would be full, I mean FULL of threads about problems. Right now itīs on quite low level.

And your situation. I do not know what exactly is your problem with n900 but i would recommend to make backup (copy backup to memory card or desktop) flash rootfs and emmc and restore backup.

.edit
You installed leaked version? *facepalm* You should not even write these kinds of posts :|

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
i was never waiting for the ovi site update. i was waiting for pr1.2 so dont generalise

maybe i'm doing the same with making this thread but it was just something i noticed.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
so you installed leaked version and didn't reflash while updating. so everything must be a fault of newest firmware then....
i just said in another thread that somebody told me just now to try and reflash the emmc and that is what i'm going to try

then i'm closing this thread

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by kingzeus View Post
another useless thread you downgrade back you wont be able to use the ovi store when its updated and you guys been whining for 3 months when is this update coming out, now that its out you wanna downgrade back? sometimes i just wish i a mod here.
Four.
Four months.
Regards, King Zeus...
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

I think people need to give it time, find out how things have changed first before downgrading.

PR1.2 is a very good update in all ways.

Sticking to or downgrading to PR1.1 would be crazy in my thinking.

If PR1.1 really isn't working on your device, perhaps its time to use flasher from a pc to reflash.

Having downloaded the PR1.2 .arm.bin file and used flasher-3.5 to reflash my phone it has worked faultlessly for days without having to reboot it once.

I then restored my backup, including settings, contacts and everything. I got everything back by just doing this except iplayer-dl, which was easily re installed.

I think PR1.2 is a great release and I'm amazed people have had so many problems. Although there appears to be a connection between people complaining and people who use NSU to flash their phone, wonder if it's causing problems?

Who used NSU and now has problems may be a better poll.

Should I downgrade if I have no problem?
I mean, you say PR 1.1 is better