Active Topics

It looks as though PR1.1.1 is available in the UK and there have been people on Vodafone saying they have upgraded. I have also checked on the Vodafone E-Forum and there is a post from them saying to enjoy the new firmware so I thought that it would be available for all customers. Has anyone using Vodafone (direct from them, not carphone warehouse or similar) upgraded? I've looked through the other threads for firmware and not really any clear ideas of what is happening. I'd rather not have to re-flash to the global version

The Following User Says Thank You to scotty_m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Scotty, please check all of the previous posts on this, as there are many

There are two types of firmware in the UK .203 and.205
.203 - the general firmware, that came with most of the earlier devices, most of which have vodafone sims. The upgrade is working for these people.

.205 The vodafone specific firware that is normally gotten through a specific vodafone contract direct from vodafone. (I may stand corrected on here).

Nokia / vodafone are not releasing details of why ... but i'm pretty sure they will get an update at some point.

if you are unhappy with the state of things, there is nothing stopping you flashing your device to a worldwide or UK generic firmware version. (Except possibly warranty, but you can always flash back!)

Anyway, have a search through the other posts

edit - i flashed fine a month or so ago - was quite simple
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by scotty_m View Post
It looks as though PR1.1.1 is available in the UK and there have been people on Vodafone saying they have upgraded. I have also checked on the Vodafone E-Forum and there is a post from them saying to enjoy the new firmware so I thought that it would be available for all customers. Has anyone using Vodafone (direct from them, not carphone warehouse or similar) upgraded? I've looked through the other threads for firmware and not really any clear ideas of what is happening. I'd rather not have to re-flash to the global version
I have commented a few times on the E-Forum regarding the firmware and asking why it hasn't appeared yet for those on the 205 variant.

I gave up waiting and flashed to global version this afternoon. Everything is the same and no issues have arisen yet.

Thanks. I've been searching and looking at the other posts on this and only really asked because Vodafone themselves stated on their forums that the firmware had been released by them so just wanted to check with other Vodafone users, but i could have just posted in one of those other threads. Oh well no problem, just wait a bit longer - am used to that from the openpandora.org forums!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by scotty_m View Post
Thanks. I've been searching and looking at the other posts on this and only really asked because Vodafone themselves stated on their forums that the firmware had been released by them so just wanted to check with other Vodafone users, but i could have just posted in one of those other threads. Oh well no problem, just wait a bit longer - am used to that from the openpandora.org forums!
hehe, yeah the annoying thing is lack of communication but you could insert any large company name into this issue

Doesnt help that it's probably Nokia and Vodafone and probably others involved.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Hi, can I pick people's brains quickly please? Has PR1.1.1 been released in the UK yet? I am really confused over this as my mate has had it updated OTA via the update manager, and some pages on the Nokia site list this (V3.2010.02.8) as the latest version for my phone, but other pages, and my operator, list PR1.1 (V2.2009.51.1) as the latest software version.
As I mentioned, my mate seems to have 1.1.1 on his N900 on another operator's network, and he isn't technical or adventurous enough to update it himself via reflashing, so I suspect my operator is delaying releasing the update (they have their own version of the update), but I can't seem to confirm whether this is the case or whether Nokia haven't actually released the update to the UK?

*sob*
If anyone could enlighten me, I would be very much obliged.
Cheers
MH

The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Halfling For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I never saw it via OTA, my fiancee did. She upgraded OTA, I reflashed, we're both running it.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
So far the latest version is V3.2010.02.8 this is posted here so many times

The Following User Says Thank You to kingzeus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kingzeus View Post
So far the latest version is V3.2010.02.8 this is posted here so many times
I appreciate, and have seen that, but Vodafone are staunchly saying that it's 2.2009.51-1 (PR1.1, AFAIK) and this is sort-of backed up by this page on the Nokia site
http://europe.nokia.com/support/down...oftware-update
- if you select the N900 it says "Latest software release for Nokia N900 is 2.2009.51.1", but if I enter my EIN on a different Nokia page it lists 3.2010 so this is why I'm somewhat confused. Is there any official release notification from Nokia about 1.1.1 release?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
The Vodafone version of PR 1.1.1 has not yet been released in the UK AFAIK.

If you bought your phone direct from Vodafone (rather than buying from mobilephones direct or Nokia) then you will have to wait til Vf get their finger out. Which judging by the 5800 and N95 could be months or even years.

You can just change the product code and flash with the generic UK firmware but then you would miss out on all the Vf goodies

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post: