Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
After upgrading the device from an older, illegal version of PR1.2 I noticed that TV-out is not working.

Anyone else got the same problem?

I've done an over-the-air upgrade from PR 1.1 to PR 1.2, and my composite video (TV) out is working fine.

Simon.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
We all know that N900 is sturdy and well built. A well-directed hit fixed the connection

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
We all know that N900 is sturdy and well built. A well-directed hit fixed the connection
So first thing to do tomorrow after i get PR1.2 update is to hit it? Will keep this in mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
I have the leaked version to, it works it just doesnt show the icon unless you already tried on a tv

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
TV-out stopped working for me as well about a week ago while using leaked firmware. upgraded to official pr1.2, but still no luck. Normal headphones work fine, but tv-out is not detected at all. sound still plays through speakers. I lost my stock headset long ago, so I'm not able to check that.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
removing the battery, blowing out the headphone jack, and smacking it around a little worked for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
My tvout works still nice with pr1.2. i did a full reflash.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
For me, when I play a video recorded with the N900, it does not show on the screen, only the sound. This happed on the RC and the official release. I can only watch videos transferred to the N900, like my movies. I don't know what to do at this point. I flashed the RC and then flashed the Official version. Maybe something got messed up in the RC....

I am getting ready to reinstall via NSU and I will report back when finished.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
After reinstalling via NSU, I am still only able to view videos that have been copied over to my N900 via TV OUT. I cannot watch movies recorded via the camera through TV OUT.

Anyone else experiencing this. Record a video and try to watch it via TV OUT and see if you get video and sound or just sound like I am.

Thank you for your help.

Tags
pal & ntsc