Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I would be pleased if you could write a kind of Howto
I already have a howto for noobs.
But I can't share the fw files though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Although I think OS 2.0 is an improvement in many ways. I still think there's some way to go.
A few pains that I've found:
A lot of apps don't close when you use the in-app quit, they minimize to cover instead, but I'm guessing this could mean the app needs updating to work properly in 2.0, maybe?
Apps that run like TSR's (Terminate & Stay Resident), i.e "ScreenTapShot" leave a cover background behind when you run them.
An issue that I have noticed, not sure if anyone else has this. I can't keep ambiences that I've created despite saving them to Top Menu. I can neither find them in the ambiences settings menu and they're not on the drop down list from the downward edge swipe.
Oh, and I preferred the single downward swipe to lock the device rather than having to tap the lock bar at the top.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Although I think OS 2.0 is an improvement in many ways. I still think there's some way to go.
A few pains that I've found:
A lot of apps don't close when you use the in-app quit, they minimize to cover instead, but I'm guessing this could mean the app needs updating to work properly in 2.0, maybe?
Yes, it is part of the new functionality; if an application dies for any reason, including shutdown by user from "inside" then Lipstich has no knowledge on the reason and must assume it was killed by OOMK.

I have not looked into it but I assume there is an interface that the application could use to signal Lipsick that it would like to die, so please kill me.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Apps that run like TSR's (Terminate & Stay Resident), i.e "ScreenTapShot" leave a cover background behind when you run them.
An issue that I have noticed, not sure if anyone else has this. I can't keep ambiences that I've created despite saving them to Top Menu. I can neither find them in the ambiences settings menu and they're not on the drop down list from the downward edge swipe.
Oh, and I preferred the single downward swipe to lock the device rather than having to tap the lock bar at the top.
I also thouht it was odd first, but now I have gotten used to it, it is pretty easy to change phone to silent and lock it via same kind of gesture.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hi

I've been using SailfishOS 1.9 a few weeks and have many connection cuts, much more than on 1.7, sometimes i need to start and stop data connection. Anyone experimenten this or any ideas?

Thanks.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
I've been using SailfishOS 1.9 a few weeks and have many connection cuts, much more than on 1.7, sometimes i need to start and stop data connection. Anyone experimenten this or any ideas?
Not really. My experience is the exact opposite: network stability improved with 1.1.9.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
Hi

Thanks.
I wonder if you're seeing other issues and this is a byproduct. Any other symptoms perhaps?

Anybody else?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I can't upgrade.

"ongelma kaupassa - kriittinen ongelma sovellusrekisterissä" (problem at the store - critical problem at the app register)

Next message: "päivityksen koon määrittely epäonnistui" (defining the size of the update failed)

Then the loading of the upgrade started, but the bar is only a few percents and nothing else happens.

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
I can't upgrade.

"ongelma kaupassa - kriittinen ongelma sovellusrekisterissä" (problem at the store - critical problem at the app register)

Next message: "päivityksen koon määrittely epäonnistui" (defining the size of the update failed)

Then the loading of the upgrade started, but the bar is only a few percents and nothing else happens.
Try re-entering your Jolla account credentials.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
Try re-entering your Jolla account credentials.
Not working. Actually I can't remove any installed software. I tried to remove Warehouse, I read somewhere that it could be problem.

Can I remove Warehouse manually or is factory reset only hope?

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Not working. Actually I can't remove any installed software. I tried to remove Warehouse, I read somewhere that it could be problem.

Can I remove Warehouse manually or is factory reset only hope?
Maybe these instructions might have some help?
https://together.jolla.com/question/...fore-updating/
https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-335839

The Following User Says Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post: