Notices

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
Finally tried 2gis... No luck so far:
2.5.1(for older Androids) - missing library dependency
2.6.2 (for newer Androids) - Not supported yet

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
i have installed some apps but nothing working.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Could some body please check if this app. https://vipmobile.verisign.com/selectedandroid.v

works?
Is is a native Open GL ES game? If not, it has no chance of working. apkenv is not Davlik. apkenv is not a VM. Read the thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
May I ask where is the source code uploaded? The github repo is empty (except the download page).

The Following User Says Thank You to vakkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
There is no source code available for the apkenv binary
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
there is some news in http://thp.io/2012/apkenv

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
News

2012-11-16 Some documentation on how to check if an .apk can theoretically work with apkenv:

Get the .apk file you want to run
Use an "unzip" utility to extract the files in the apk
Look for .so files in lib/armeabi/ (sometimes you have to look in lib/armeabi-v7a/ as well)
Check for JNI methods: strings libyourapplication.so | grep Java_
If some methods are found (and ideally if they have a name that sounds like rendering, updating, initalization, resizing or touch or button input functions), chances are good
If not, grep for JNI_OnLoad - if this function exists, it could be that you can still get it working (if the library registers its functions at runtime using JNI_OnLoad)
If you find methods starting with Java_ (or the JNI_OnLoad function), it means that it is theoretically possible to get it working with apkenv. If you don't find a .so file at all, or if it doesn't have any of the functions mentioned above, then apkenv can not be used to get this application/game running (and never will be). As an exercise for the reader, list applications/games for which the Java_ functions exist, and what function names there are. Happy hunting!

2012-11-16 The wrapper generator scripts that are used to generate compatiblity function wrappers are now open source:

github.com/harmattan/apkenv-wrapper-generator

Contributions welcome. You can use these scripts to extract a list of required library functions (libc, OpenGL ES) from JNI libraries and then post-process the list of required functions and then build lightweight wrapper functions from them. The scripts are quite hack-ish at some corners, but they Work For Me(tm). Cleaner solutions to getting the prototype declaration of a function name are welcome, as are improvements to the code generator (generate_wrappers.py). More to come, stay tuned!
Thanks for the update THP

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B-RUNO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Bengalluru,India
Please upload the source code so that more people can contribute and work on it as a group effort it will increase the speed of its development

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev.a.rangaswamy For This Useful Post:
Hello all, Angry birds space was working fine for me but since I updated system-ui with quicktweak 9.5, Angry birds space keeps crashing !

Indeed, it freeze before accessing the menu... I tried to remove the sqlite db and so on, but it keeps crashing... Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem ?

Thank you

Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Hello all, Angry birds space was working fine for me but since I updated system-ui with quicktweak 9.5, Angry birds space keeps crashing !

Indeed, it freeze before accessing the menu... I tried to remove the sqlite db and so on, but it keeps crashing... Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem ?

Thank you
The layest version of quicktweak comes with options for apkenv, check the pdf for instructions on how to use n9qtweak with apkenv.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, emu_layer, new_whazapp, orphanenv, sfdroid, thp ole ole ole, thp's up, y u disobey thp