Notices

Dear All
this is what I woluld like to have:
(have posted it before, no response perhaps the spot was wrong)

the N900 has all the beautiful components to log tracks on hikes/bikes tours: gps aware fotos (all cameras), track logging (maep and others), voice recorder for taking notes).

Would it not be nice to put this together into an easily manageble package that would do the following:

2. - create a directory of todays trip
3. - on a shell take foto at either high or reduced resolution
4. - take a voice recorder comment
5. - have track logging started

All the files would be stored in that one directory and thus contain a complete documentation of this trip.

The complete package would be managed through one GUI screen: with buttons StartTrackLog, TakePhoto,HighRes, LowRes TakeVoiceNote,StopLogging.

On the presentation side of things, an application should put everything on a map with icons for the fotos and the voice text recorded. Wouldn't that be a lovely summary for your vacation trips?

It seems to me that all the components are available; everything listed can already be done now by going to a number of configurations like defining directory for fotos, voice recordings, track and so on. But this is clumsy and thus not done.

I could imagine that thus could be put together rather rapidly, only, I have currently no time to spare.

Any takers?

The Following User Says Thank You to tredlie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
I would like to see some car friendly mediaplayer or skin for current medialayers available. I mean bigger buttons and easier to use when phone is on holder. Maybe it could be as simple as normal indash car players that you just set root directory for player and use buttons to navigate subfolders etc. I often use my n900 as music player in car via fmtx and current players that i have found/tried need pretty solid hand to use their small buttons. If this already exists please direct me to right way...

Please port opencpn, a sea navigation program. from opencpn.org:

"A Chartplotter and GPS Navigation Software.

OpenCPN is a free software (GPLv2) project to create a concise chartplotter and navigation software for use as an underway or planning tool. OpenCPN is developed by a team of active sailors using real world conditions for program testing and refinement."

opencpn uses wxwidgets, so compiling wxwidgets will be a big step towards that goal as well as porting other applications which use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to uppercase For This Useful Post:
Only thing I would like to see is a port over or a version of TomTom for n900 or some other decent brand name in gps navigation software. As let's be honest the current apps for gps that we have are way too buggy and frankly rubbish.

I also like the idea of a parking assist app but really how reliable can that be? If it can be perfected then that would be nice to see it in action.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
But I cannot chat with friends that are using whatsapp.
Tell them to use open protocol.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Shouldn't you try to solve the problem with Qvernote, instead of asking for new applications
It would require me to have a look at the code. Which is not impossible but quite hard since I don't have much C++ skills (but I do have Java ones) nor time...
Still, I am considering it

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
What I really miss is a good email client. Why no one is developing it?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
flash 10 ?
plugins for opera ?
plugins for nightly ?

when will be available?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
I just want Whatsapp...

working wifi hotspot

flash 10

and.. i cant sync with my meego netbook (calenders n such)

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900