Hi everyone,

ive tried playing with the phone and searching, but could not find the answer.

for the drive app, i cannot find the option to list the directions as a list (i.e. so i know whats coming up next) rather than looking at a map and waiting for the lady to talk. any clues? Thanks

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Tried to look but failed miserably. Have you tried this whilst using the Drive app or are you looking for it at home without it operating? Im guessing (hoping) that as you start moving an option pops up.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Nokia Drive shows the next turn at the top of the screen. But if you mean a list of 'all' the turn by turn directions, then no....I cannot find that either.

It would be nice to have the whole list so you can plan your journey in advance. I am guessing that its missing from the Drive app as it might be a distraction from driving to read a list of upcoming directions; hence the map navigation plus 'next' turn shown at the top of the screen.

Last edited by jpfsn; 2011-11-14 at 23:54. Reason: Additional point

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
if you want a route list you can do that from maps, drive is more for..well driving. you can search for direction on maps, get your direction list, and if you choose to drive you can hit the navigate button to open up the drive app. you can also have both open and running so that you can hear the nav voice and look at the direction listing, or swap back and forth with the n9s great multitasking

Last edited by warrentaye; 2011-11-15 at 00:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
thanks everyone for answering my question. thanks warrentaye for the suggestion

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
For more ways to use Drive/Maps please see my other posts on this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...01#post1117700

I learnt quite a bit by reading the maps.nokia.com FAQ section. Also discovered how favourites work in Drive.

e.g.

Just opened 'Drive' to see if the favourites you save in Maps carry over and they do not. Unless I cant see the option to 'Drive' to a favourite? What rubbish. Majorly disappointed.

Update: Ok so if you go to a favourite within Maps, and hit navigate (using the car symbol) it opens up Drive. How very Nokia to make this simple.