Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's just the DEB.

I might try repackaging it, as an excercise. (Never done that but I guess it should not be that hard...)
Using "alien" it's fairly straightforward to convert DEB -> RPM but it just builds the basic RPM without any dependency information.
I'd say that is less than useful as otherwice user needs to install the needed libs manually.
I guess I need to build a .spec file for the RPM and set up the dependencies there, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Allright, I tried to do it 2 different ways.

flasher-3.12.1-2.i386.rpm is what I managed to create with alien.
flasher-3.12.1-0.i386.rpm I made using rpmbuild.

Of course I have not tried those sinde I do not have any RPM based distro available right now, but you can try if either of those works for you
Please tell me if either of those works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy View Post
I haven't tried flashing it on an actual PC, but I have tried on a Mac running bootcamp. I don't get any driver errors.

Rainisto, my device is under warrenty. The problem is that because I live in the US, I don't think Nokia Care here is going to fix it. I'd be happy to pay to get it fixed, but I don't know where I'd send it...

I DON'T get the "raw data transfer failed" message every time, however. Only sometimes. Other times, it just tells me that flashing failed due to an error.
If mac flashing is failing, then I suggest you trying on some friends Linux or Windows machine for flasher, as it sounds quite like mac usb port timing problems.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Edited: Nevermind.

Last edited by josedramirez07; 2014-08-28 at 16:04.