Active Topics

Notices

I was just wondering if I could play streaming youtube videos on my nokia n810 using mplayer without the browser
Thanks

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
MPlayer should be able to play FLV files, if you download them. However, on Maemo, it's probably easier (and better) to download the myTube app from Extras.
Cheers,

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I like digi@scene better than mytube. Try it out from the application manager.

Hey dude..

U should download the youtube file in your mobile then convert it into FLV file, now u can play that file in your Mplayer easily, now if u can't able to play that file then directly u should download FLV file of that movie

batteries

Last edited by maryjohn; 2009-09-18 at 09:47.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
You can easily play streaming vids:

mplayer $(youtube-dl -g -b "http://www.youtube.com/watchv=K03RMcSeiY4")

Needed software: mplayer and youtube-dl

The switches to youtube-dl tell it to only print the url and get the higest quality... you can use -f I believ to get only the lowest quality.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
If you prefer to use a mediaplayer, MediaBox with its youtube plugin will do (uses mplayer as backend)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
While mplayer or myTube need an internet connection fast enough for playing the video to play it through without aborting, MediaBox buffers the stream so you don't have to worry about dropping off.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
mplayer -cache 65535 <-- ow look... buffering

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
mplayer -cache 65535 <-- ow look... buffering
Yes, but at the expense of RAM. Not good for prebuffering a 10 MB video for viewing on a slow connection.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Where can I download mplayer? I only have kmplayer in my res area in file manager