Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Craig_Mabbitt View Post
is it possible add this - http://afisha.yandex.ru/ service for russia, instead google?
Yeah, it might be possible. I'll look into it. Does this website have better theaters listings?

I will look at the following sample two URLs for theaters / showtimes

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Moscow
for russia, ukrane and others postUUSR countries, this site better. Maybe and for others (=
thx, it will be very cool (=

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Moscow
@ikkysleepy, oh, i forgot about amazing service...
it for theaters http://www.kinopoisk.ru/cinemas/
and for movies http://www.kinopoisk.ru/afisha/new/

(=

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Originally Posted by Craig_Mabbitt View Post
@ikkysleepy, oh, i forgot about amazing service...
it for theaters http://www.kinopoisk.ru/cinemas/
and for movies http://www.kinopoisk.ru/afisha/new/

(=

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
ikkysleepy, hi.
Can you add please Israeli movies site: http://www.seret.co.il/movies/theatres.asp
Thanks

I'll start working on local sources after I add HD video the to app.

In related news, if anyone wants to help streamline local sources, please PM, and I can send you examples of how I extract the data into an XML format.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
I love the app, but I am experiencing a bug with the 'showtimes' feature in version 0.0.8. I have already refreshed, rebooted, and uninstalled/reinstalled, but the issue remains.

First, the app's theater tab works perfectly to find my actual nearby local theaters here in Houston, Texas. The problem is with the 'showtimes' feature in the Movies tab. If I click the 'showtimes' button, it always takes me to the same incorrect list of theaters and showtimes. The 'showtimes' button has Houston listed as the selected city and the targeted movie as the movie, but the theaters that it lists are in California! If I click to the theaters tab, the city stays as Houston, but the theaters are correct. If I go back to the movies tab, then the city stays as Houston, but it's back to incorrect theaters. If I pull down to refresh the theater list in the movies tab, the app loads, but comes up with the wrong theaters again.

Even GPS selection mode leads to the same result: Theaters tab produces the correct list, while Movies tab has the same wrong list. And no matter which movie is selected, the 'showtimes' list always produces the exact same incorrect list of theaters and showtimes.

Do you have any ideas about this? Any terminal commands that would help?

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-11-19 at 18:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I love the app, but I am experiencing a bug with the 'showtimes' feature in version 0.0.8. I have already refreshed, rebooted, and uninstalled/reinstalled, but the issue remains.

First, the app's theater tab works perfectly to find my actual nearby local theaters here in Houston, Texas. The problem is with the 'showtimes' feature in the Movies tab. If I click the 'showtimes' button, it always takes me to the same incorrect list of theaters and showtimes. The 'showtimes' button has Houston listed as the selected city and the targeted movie as the movie, but the theaters that it lists are in California! If I click to the theaters tab, the city stays as Houston, but the theaters are correct. If I go back to the movies tab, then the city stays as Houston, but it's back to incorrect theaters. If I pull down to refresh the theater list in the movies tab, the app loads, but comes up with the wrong theaters again.

Even GPS selection mode leads to the same result: Theaters tab produces the correct list, while Movies tab has the same wrong list. And no matter which movie is selected, the 'showtimes' list always produces the exact same incorrect list of theaters and showtimes.

Do you have any ideas about this? Any terminal commands that would help?
Thanks, Sorry about that. The issue issue has been resolved. Pull 2 Update to see the changes.

The problem was on my backend php script. I saw the issue and have verified the fix.

Last edited by ikkysleepy; 2012-11-19 at 21:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
This is the first application I bought .... (and by mistake, my brother just tested the phone bill option )
I must say the application is good and useful.
Works great here in UK, the showtimes looks correct.
I'm missing the option to search for a movie.
eg: I want to read some reviews, what time the movie is played at and where, ....
Hope it will be included in an update soon.
2 minor problems:
-read review button is a bite too small (my opinion)
-trailer quality is very poor ( cool in your 'to do list')

The demand is probably not high but could you add
Luxembourg theaters:
http://www.utopolis.lu/index.php?page=181

Keep the great work developer and it helps

Last edited by Mric; 2012-11-20 at 13:29.

The app is working great. Very solid work. I was wondering whether you had considered (or if it's even feasible) to incorporate some swipe-y goodness into the app by allowing users to navigate between the various views with swipe gestures? For instance, being able to swipe between menu tab, Moves tab and Theaters tab in the main view? Or, if you are in the Movies tab, you could tap to select a movie, read info as it is now, then swipe to the left to read further reviews or swipe to the right to return to the main Movies tab list? In Theater tab tab, one could tap to select a specific theater, use the features currently included, then swipe right to the right to return to the main theater list . .

I think it would be a cool addition to the current button navigation, which I wouldn't change at all. Maybe not the highest priority, but it would be very cool, wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by Mric View Post
This is the first application I bought .... (and by mistake, my brother just tested the phone bill option )
I must say the application is good and useful.
Works great here in UK, the showtimes looks correct.
I'm missing the option to search for a movie.
eg: I want to read some reviews, what time the movie is played at and where, ....
Hope it will be included in an update soon.
2 minor problems:
-read review button is a bite too small (my opinion)
-trailer quality is very poor ( cool in your 'to do list')

The demand is probably not high but could you add
Luxembourg theaters:
http://www.utopolis.lu/index.php?page=181

Keep the great work developer and it helps
Thanks for feedback. I'll make the Read Reviews button slightly bigger in the next release; also note that you can click on the Popcorn / Rotten Tomatoe Rating to read reviews.

I'll be working on a lot of backend tasks in the next two weeks, but when i'm done the app should support HD videos / translation and the ability to support local theaters.

So you want to search for a movie that is not on any of the list, and see if it's playing locally and if there are any reviews?