Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Funny C4 should allow the view in Switzerland but not in its own home country.
Ah sorry! I suppose they block it in the UK because that's where its 4OD service sells it. Well, if you're in the UK, you can guess what it was...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
February is no longer in scope according to my not so reliable but well hidden source.

Jolla is yet again stalling since they don't know what to do.

Delays are incoming! The scam continues.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-16 at 15:50.

Does anybody know what Jolla is going to do with the combo perks? (the Jolla phone and tablet). My interpretation would be a refund, just like the other perks (half of total amount in Q1 this year, other half (possibly) within a year), but Jolla didn't address this directly.

What are you going to do with the refund when it arrives (if it arrives)?
I still would like to support the development of a GNU/Linux based distribution on mobile/embedded hardware. So was thinking of either spending it on a Neo900 upgrade, an Ubuntu tablet/phone or a Raspberry Pi with touch display (I'll make up my mind when the funds actually arrive).

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I think you'll all regret it if you don't do it.

https://youtu.be/TVH3IBr_Ipk?t=27
So you recommend SailfishOS fans if they want a tablet to buy if off a fishy website in order to get a tablet?

Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
So you recommend SailfishOS fans if they want a tablet to buy if off a fishy website in order to get a tablet?
do you see any other option ?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I think Jolla should be buying those tablets up in bulk and shipping them off to backers, but that doesn't seem to be an option. They're the only ones available.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seems like it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Does anybody know what Jolla is going to do with the combo perks? (the Jolla phone and tablet). My interpretation would be a refund, just like the other perks (half of total amount in Q1 this year, other half (possibly) within a year), but Jolla didn't address this directly.

What are you going to do with the refund when it arrives (if it arrives)?
I still would like to support the development of a GNU/Linux based distribution on mobile/embedded hardware. So was thinking of either spending it on a Neo900 upgrade, an Ubuntu tablet/phone or a Raspberry Pi with touch display (I'll make up my mind when the funds actually arrive).
I would expect that they are handle as the same way as the rest of IIG. But maybe since jolla broke the deal so maybe you should get money before the rest of IGGs or have the option to return the phone?

Either way. It will be delays...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-16 at 18:53.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Can you explain how you measure which one is more mature and polish?
Probably because of opinions like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jolla/comme...urvive/czux10g
I have owned both phones for a while now and I ran FFOS on my now long dead Nexus 4. Both the Jolla and Aquaris are "stable" in the sense that they rarely crash. In terms of user experience, the Jolla is vastly superior; the OS is much, much smoother to navigate, there are many more applications available for it and you have the option of running Android applications too which do actually run rather well.
The Ubuntu phone is in all honesty just about usable in terms of lag. Opening something simple like the system settings takes a noticably long time, and this is with nothing else already open. It just isn't snappy enough to be used as a daily driver, in my humble opinion. That said, I like the screen and the battery life seems superior to the Jolla. I also like that the Aquaris is open source, in the true sense of the word.
Both are superior to FireFox OS which I thought never really got going, which is a shame as I loved the concept.
In terms of alternatives, if you find any please let me know.
You can bash communication all you want (except when it comes from haters), but if your flagship just lags, not much else to say, such opinions are dime a dozen, would love to see UT on jolla and the speed it gets

Ubuntu is a bit slow, but so is Jolla.

jolla phone is slightly better than Ubuntu atm but Ubuntu has two hw manufactures, ongoing development and a pretty big community from before...while Jolla just stalling.

No one is fast enough to be a daily driver. But if I was forced to use one of the two I would use jPhone today. But might not tomorrow

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund