Not to revive a dead thread, but 2-3 months on, has anyone using the n900 on the cheaper T-Mobile data plans gotten IMEI blocked? (e.g. $5.99 T-Zones, $9.99 web2go etc)

I'm currently on an almost 7 year old grandfathered T-Zones data plan... and I don't want to lose that. I usually turn off all background data usage and consume around 10-20MB or so per month.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
1. Tmo does not care if you have an unlocked phone. They have a support team that deals with unlocked devices- in regards to set-up for service, but not direct device / hardware support.

2. I posted last week that a Nokia rep was in a store in my area and he pointed out that Nokia pushed for the N900 to be part of Tmo's portfolio, but Tmo does not want to subsidize or support an unlocked phone beyond CS calls for service set-up. He also mentioned that Tmo does not want the N900 due to it price point.

Funny thing is the guy was not at the Tmo store for business reasons, but visiting a friend there. The friend is a neighbor of mine- small world.
1. if tmo offered the n900 it wouldn't be unlocked i'm sure they would lock the subsudized version to there network.
2. price. the n900 price is not inline with several other top end phones they have so i doubt it's price either

i have talked to a couple of ppl from tmo from corporate stores and they all say they will get the n900 in the spring. which makes sense. it gives nokia time to work out some bugs and tmo is known for being slow in bringing in new phones. but also remember tmo is going away from subsidized phones alltogether. so your better off just buying the phone straight out.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Francisco
Having seen what AT&T did to the Nokia 6681, I wouldn't trust any carrier to not cripple a phone.

That, along with T-Mobile's apparent lack of interest in the N900 compared to the upcoming Android offerings tells me that they are better aligned with a general marketplace that wants usability over potential. According to http://www.tmonews.com/2009/12/nexus...ricing-leaked/ the Nexus One will be $180 and available next week (January 5, 2010).

I wouldn't hold my breath for a sponsored N900. From what I can gather, the N900 retail delivery went by basically unnoticed. For example, tmonews.com hasn't had anything on the N900 since the Dell pricing two months ago.

Originally Posted by eightyhertz View Post
Not to revive a dead thread, but 2-3 months on, has anyone using the n900 on the cheaper T-Mobile data plans gotten IMEI blocked? (e.g. $5.99 T-Zones, $9.99 web2go etc)

I'm currently on an almost 7 year old grandfathered T-Zones data plan... and I don't want to lose that. I usually turn off all background data usage and consume around 10-20MB or so per month.
Been good for about a month now. Using the 5.99 tzones. ^_^

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by jeffsf View Post
Having seen what AT&T did to the Nokia 6681, I wouldn't trust any carrier to not cripple a phone.

That, along with T-Mobile's apparent lack of interest in the N900 compared to the upcoming Android offerings tells me that they are better aligned with a general marketplace that wants usability over potential. According to http://www.tmonews.com/2009/12/nexus...ricing-leaked/ the Nexus One will be $180 and available next week (January 5, 2010).

I wouldn't hold my breath for a sponsored N900. From what I can gather, the N900 retail delivery went by basically unnoticed. For example, tmonews.com hasn't had anything on the N900 since the Dell pricing two months ago.
And you hit the nail on the head tmobile will be to busy with the nexus one to even think about offering the n900. And honestly im glad carriers gut the phones features and add that "wont use 90%" of the time bloatware they install I can just think of the things tmobile would strip from this phone

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Carlisle, PA
With being able to buy the n900 unlocked who wants a carrier branded device anyway. No carrier boot logos, no scaring of a carrier logo on the body of the phone and not to mention the freedom of not signing a contract.

Last edited by NUTNDUN; 2010-01-01 at 02:59.

I want tmobile to get the phone if not jus to get it in more peoples hands so developers will be more attracted to it

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by alexreed88 View Post
I want tmobile to get the phone if not jus to get it in more peoples hands so developers will be more attracted to it
That is a good point. I didn't think of it that way.

I just received my phone today. I called T-mobile because 3G wasn't working but was detected on the phone. Got off the Sidekick $20 unlimited. Price went to $30 unlimited data + text smartphone. 3G and calling works perfectly fine. Wifi i get 8MBPS down and .9mbps upload