Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Quite a few changes merged in: https://github.com/tmeshkova/mozilla...12e15ee41e91ff

geckotest builds and runs, although it doesn't do a great deal.
Wait, what, it should play Big Buck Bunny

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

It does...thats all

Frame rate not perfect but it's not too bad. Trying out qmlmozbrowser at the moment, doesn't seem too slow, renders ok but doesn't detect click location quite right (maemo.org > click on talk, loads news). Can't use swipe features mentioned http://maemo.qwazix.com/alopex/splash.png

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
It does...thats all

Frame rate not perfect but it's not too bad. Trying out qmlmozbrowser at the moment, doesn't seem too slow, renders ok but doesn't detect click location quite right (maemo.org > click on talk, loads news). Can't use swipe features mentioned http://maemo.qwazix.com/alopex/splash.png
Because it's not qwazix's ui. I'm having problems with entering address - on enter the page isn't loaded.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Yeah, I couldn't enter anything there, just passed -url google.com. Entering a new url whilst loading a page didn't work for me either, address changed but not contents. Can't find any way of entering address.

Currently trying to merge together some ideas from qmlmozbrowser and geckotest.

Yeah, I couldn't enter anything there, just passed -url google.com. Entering a new url whilst loading a page didn't work for me either, address changed but not contents. Can't find any way of entering address.

Currently trying to merge together some ideas from qmlmozbrowser and geckotest.
Just keep in mind that the point of having geckotest is just to give an idea on how to use embedlite API. I did not write it with intention to be some kind of a template.

also, IMO qml stuff is overcomplicated - on Harmattan, Nemo, etc they could afford it. But we can't, you know how much RAM n900 has . Every MiB down makes a difference

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I don't get the big push for tech like qml, .net or html5 "apps" that we are seeing on a number of platforms that make use of interpreters/JIT compilers, especially on mobile devices. So I won't be using qml side of it, just looking at some of the code structure with regards to handling signals for new windows, progress changes etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Maybe setup a repo in github/gitorious, I can try to share some cycles on that project.

Maybe some code from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66594 could be reused

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
You guys should make an Announcement thread when you have something ready for installation by regular users (as far as regular users of Maemo go)?

If I can come up with something workable, I'll stick it on my github page.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
been using marmistrz's dbes but can someone try to include qgraphicsmozview.h from qmozembed in a simple helloworld style app to see if it works for them. i keeping get errors with include of qvarient. if i can use this it makes it much easier, as it handles a lot of the code from geckotest for us.

tried it build mozilla-central to pull in latest embedlite and gecko branch merge on wednesday or thursday. gets part way and get an error about pixman.h not found. pixman-1-dev package (or whatever its called) was already installed.

re qmlMozTest, ctrl+backspace then close window is causing segfault here, anyone else?

Tags
gecko browser, maemo 5