Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
been using marmistrz's dbes but can someone try to include qgraphicsmozview.h from qmozembed in a simple helloworld style app to see if it works for them. i keeping get errors with include of qvarient. if i can use this it makes it much easier, as it handles a lot of the code from geckotest for us.
First, post the source

tried it build mozilla-central to pull in latest embedlite and gecko branch merge on wednesday or thursday. gets part way and get an error about pixman.h not found. pixman-1-dev package (or whatever its called) was already installed.
I'm gonna build it soon (when I'll be able to keep the computer on for some longer time)

re qmlMozTest, ctrl+backspace then close window is causing segfault here, anyone else?
When I gdb-ed it only SIGINT (keyboard interrupt) caused something. But the main event loop was still running (no exit was commited) If you manage to reproducing while gdb-ing - it'd be great.

about Q_SLOTS from the irc: if you send me the source, I might look at it, why we can't use slots:

/edit:
Do you know a way to make a screen rotation independent UI in plain Qt (like it's done in QML - that e.g. item size depends on the parent.height - in this case parent is a Page) ?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-11-30 at 13:39.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
been using marmistrz's dbes but can someone try to include qgraphicsmozview.h from qmozembed in a simple helloworld style app to see if it works for them. i keeping get errors with include of qvarient. if i can use this it makes it much easier, as it handles a lot of the code from geckotest for us.

tried it build mozilla-central to pull in latest embedlite and gecko branch merge on wednesday or thursday. gets part way and get an error about pixman.h not found. pixman-1-dev package (or whatever its called) was already installed.

re qmlMozTest, ctrl+backspace then close window is causing segfault here, anyone else?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=941595

Guys, please join #embedlite, that way there'll be no need to duplicate the effort and to ask already answered questions over and over again. Not to say that romaxa is the one who knows that API way better than me.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=941595

Guys, please join #embedlite, that way there'll be no need to duplicate the effort and to ask already answered questions over and over again. Not to say that romaxa is the one who knows that API way better than me.
Is there any embedlite forum?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Q_SLOTS is how fmg also has it in geckotest. Does the same thing as slots: but is useful for when using 3rd party libraries. Just use Q_SLOTS, Q_SIGNALS and Q_EMIT in place of the slots, signals and emit.

With regards to the source, at the moment I haven't got anything useful. Basically at the moment I have StackedWindow plus a derived window class and a Settings class to post orientation change signals, all based on the code from cuteTube.

Been going over geckotest's initialisation of embedlite app and view. QtMozEmbed makes use of a context that does this automatically, which is why I asked about that header file. Not even doing anything with it at the moment, literally just trying to include it.

With regards to making a screen rotation independent UI, check out cuteTube. There are some examples of resize based on orientation, some alter layout.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Is there any embedlite forum?
Forum?!? No. Join #embedlite IRC at mozilla.org

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Latest version from tmeshkova repo (as of yesterday) has built fine. Item selection is working much better, got a few new js errors during startup to look at and need to fix everything entered in caps unless shift held down. Performance seems slightly better than 28a I was using before.

CAPS ERROR REALLY ANNOYING

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Latest version from tmeshkova repo (as of yesterday) has built fine. Item selection is working much better, got a few new js errors during startup to look at and need to fix everything entered in caps unless shift held down. Performance seems slightly better than 28a I was using before.

CAPS ERROR REALLY ANNOYING

Try this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=13

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
xes:i already have inputhint disabling auto caps and predictive entry on address bar. i'll have a look see if i can apply it to the view as well.

forgot to mention the following new errors with latest build, so its not perfect:
system js: error (null):0 bad script xdr magic number.

in pixman_region32_fini: Malformed region region
Set a breakpoint on '_pixman_log_error' to debug

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I'll mention it here for anyone using qmlMozEmbedTest on Fremantle. Run it with "env USE_TEXT_EVENTS=1 qmlMozEmbedTest" to prevent all entry being capitals unless shift is held down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Bad news everyone. Marmistrz and myself have been working on a replacement for microb, recreating the ui in Qt. Unfortunately upstream has now ceased qt4 support, focusing on qt5 instead.

I contacted the devs to see what the situation is, with the messages detailed below. I'd still like to work towards an updated version but at the moment I don't know what direction to take. Maintaining the old qt4 port is way beyond me, in terms of complexity and quantity of the code. Gtk is looking to be the only feasible option but IIRC there was an issue with glcanvas.

My message:
I was wondering what the status is regarding Qt4 support within embedlite. I notice in the commit log, 735a24e04c starts switch to a new backend with some Maemo5 specifics and 7c87d5dc22 disables Qt4 and removes the recently added Maemo code.

I've been working on reimplementing the stock Maemo 5 browser in Qt as the original UI source code is closed source, with the engine based off xulrunner 1.9.2.3pre. As it is such an old version now, certain sites fail to render content. Due to the limited memory available on the device, I'm reluctant to depend on Qt5 as it will mean GTK, Qt4 and Qt5 libraries being used. Moving forward, there is also the possibility the Neo900 could make use of my project as well.

As for the commit itself, while I praise the intentions of implementing a new backend, I feel it should have been a choice at compile time, especially as the master branch still has Qt4 as a selection.
Dev reply:
No, Qt4 is not an option anymore. Qt5 does support QGraphicsView/Widget option still but that is only on qtmozembed side. It's also going to go away soon.

In this branch
https://github.com/tmeshkova/gecko-d...ackendrefactor
We are going to drop Qt4 support and dependency on Qt5Widgets and switch everything to stock Qt5. No time and strength to support both.

As an alternative it should be possible to just build Gtk embedding wrapper around EmbedLite API for Neo900. Similar to what https://github.com/tmeshkova/qtmozembed does for Qt.
All patches for supporting Gtk backend wrapper are welcome.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
gecko browser, maemo 5