Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
Hi,

Previously I own Nokia N900 and N9(as secondary device) enjoing both the capabilities. But in favour of some basic apps which I need in INDIA like railway ticket booking app, money control(stock market) app and mobile banking app etc. I Sold my Nokia N9 to get a nokia lumia 800 phone. But I am unhappy with the windows multitasking and other features. So, i sold it last month.

Now Again I am planning to purchase Nokia N9 . Is it a ryt choice??. The reason for posting is whatever the support given to Nokia N900 by this community is not able to deliver the same to Nokia N9 like webOS manager, preenv,aircrack-ng(some one is porting not sure about it)etc.,

The only hope now is jolla's sailfish OS which can run android apps. Is there any chance of alien dalvik or open mobile like things from Jolla which can be ported to run all that droid apps???

Suggest me.

The N9 still is a beautiful device and a very functional phone, reasonably fast, with a good screen, good browser and navigation.
It also isn't very expensive on eBay (200 - 250 euro range).

The N900 is the best of the best. N900 again is the right decision. Good luck.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Switched to HTC One developer edition and BB z10 for a while, came back to Harmattan.

I suggest using an Android for apps, (seems you really need it) and keep an N9 as secondary device.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
As mailcomx said before, it is not nearly as good decision as going back to N900.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
N9 is the best phone I've ever had and seen, but it's very unstable probably because of dead OS. I've bought N9 16GB black in april 2013 for 150 €... good luck with finding your own, it will not be the wrong decision

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I've been using Lumia 820 for half of a year and switched to my old white n9. I fall in love with it again, there are only couple of things that bother me(weak wifi and gsm reception, quiet speakers and crappy microphone). Now I'm planning to buy n900 as a second phone. Do what you gotta do, I would also consider buying 808 if it wasnt that expensive.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Do you sell n9 white? :>

My N9 died for a few days so I had to use my old iPhone 3GS and when I fixed my N9 I fell in love with it again. It's a really nice phone, elegant design and the best thing is how open it is in terms of customization.

I'm using the N9 tethered to an iPod touch over bluetooth. The touch is so thin that having the 2nd device is no problem. For me, I get all the apps of ios plus a very capable and customizable Linux phone.