Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
I don't quite get it.
I know marketing is always pushing things for Christmas: games, consoles, tv's, gadgets.

What has happen to n810? it's been released in US. why so late in the whole UE ?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ deutschland
I got mine yesterday. I bought it direct from nokia-shop in germany for 459€. I wouldn't wait, as christmas-holidays are coming and some time to play arounnd ...
Now trying to download the newest os2008-update. Poor bandwidth over there at tablets-dev.nokia.com, only 13 KB/s

Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
I don't quite get it.
I know marketing is always pushing things for Christmas: games, consoles, tv's, gadgets.

What has happen to n810? it's been released in US. why so late in the whole UE ?
I'd guess it's because the tablets sell a LOT better in America than in Europe.

The American Amazon.com's sales chart has continually had the N800 or N810 in the top 5 or 10 for portable computers, whereas the European Amazon stores don't even have them in the top 1000. On the other hand, Nokia phones and smartphones sell much better in Europe than America. Same company, same products, but totally opposite sales patterns.

I think this shows a difference in markets, Europeans (and Asians, Africans etc) tend to go for things that look like phones whereas Americans tend to go for things that look like PDAs.

It's not just Nokia that has this difference, PDAs are virtually non-existent outside the American market because there's so little demand for such devices. Companies like Palm have virtually no presence outside America. I'd also guess that the iPhone (in its current form) will sell a lot better in America than elsewhere for similar reasons.

The tablets could be seen as Nokia's attempt to crack the American market, to complement their phones which sell well everywhere outside America.

Last edited by krisse; 2007-12-20 at 11:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Got it...

Ordered mine from play.com on Monday (showed stock). Got it today (Thursday) £289 inv vat and delivery.

Fist impressions, very nice. Now updating to latest firmware...

Device would be great in portrait mode. Shame Maemo is landscape only.

Zuber

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
I'd guess it's because the tablets sell a LOT better in America than in Europe.

The American Amazon.com's sales chart has continually had the N800 or N810 in the top 5 or 10 for portable computers, whereas the European Amazon stores don't even have them in the top 1000. On the other hand, Nokia phones and smartphones sell much better in Europe than America. Same company, same products, but totally opposite sales patterns.

I think this shows a difference in markets, Europeans (and Asians, Africans etc) tend to go for things that look like phones whereas Americans tend to go for things that look like PDAs.
I wouldn't read too much in to Amazon's sales charts. US versus Europe is probably skewed by the way Amazon operate the US site against the European sites. My experience of Amazon in Europe is that they are dreadful to deal with when it comes to new innovative products, yet there are other European online resellers that do it so much better.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
if anybody needs help getting an n800 or n810 in portugal send me a PM cause i dont read this thread - too lazy

Definitively no n810 for Christmas. I'm going to visit London in 3 days and I was hoping got my n810 before that... finally, it is still not available here (Switzerland).

It is coming here in Denmark. Mine, ordered a long time ago, is now ready for pickup at the post office. It's a great day.

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxjoergen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
linuxjoergen - how did you order the n810 in Denmark?

At nokia.dk it's not possible to locate the n810 - and at nseries.com, its not possible to order when entering Denmark as country.

Please let me know - as I'm dying to change my 770 for an 810