he Bluetooth connection could be slower than the 3G connection.
Slower than Edge?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
Too bad the iPhone keyboard doesnt change from landscape to portrait keyboard with the orientation sensor. Real flaw there :P
Actually, the keyboard will rotate to landscape when using Safari.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
The page rendering on my N800 + Verizon EVDO is a lot faster than my iPhone on Edge. Both devices on wifi are pretty comparable, but I think the iPhone is slightly faster.

When I am at home, the N800 is my primary device to carry around the house for browsing. I rarely have to zoom in for pages unlike the iPhone. But when I leave the house, I bring my iPhone, because the size is so much better for carrying around in my pants pocket.

there really isn't any horizontal scrolling. You have to see the scaling in action to appreciate how amazing it is.

It can fit more content horizontally than the n800, even at 320 480.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I'm with Tabletfan, around the house the N800 seems a little more robust in browsing, the iphone is really good, but I think I have just gotten addicted to the 800 pixel wide screen. However when mobile, the iphone browser is *much* better than the webkit browser on S60 phones, the rendering handles more complex web pages better. I carry a bag most places and use the N800 as more of a laptop replacement than a web browser so the iPhone would never replace it in that capacity.
IMHO the iphone still feels like I am on a mobile phone with a great browser for the web (maybe cos its a mobile phone) whereas the N800 feels like a mini-laptop (albeit a pretty slow mini laptop).

Originally Posted by tabletfan View Post
The page rendering on my N800 + Verizon EVDO is a lot faster than my iPhone on Edge. Both devices on wifi are pretty comparable, but I think the iPhone is slightly faster.
Thanks for making this clear. Actually that's what I was expecting.

any of you know what makes ajax choke up opera? i thought flash 9 would be more intensive than something like google docs, or even something like diggs commenting system. iphone safari can use simple ajax but not ajax found on diggs site.