Active Topics

My warranty has been gone for about a month now and my n900 is dead. Great.

I try to turn it on one day, and it just doesn't respond. So I think the battery must be dead. Plug it in, the light turns orange, return to it hours later and still no go. I really don't know what to do. Am I screwed? Or is this some problem with the battery or anything else. any help is much appreciated as this phone was pretty costly and the warranty has just run out for me.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
When you start it , does it show anything (initial ..... or the Nokia animated page?)
Do you have multiple OS installed?
if nothing, then looks like Battery issue.. If you know someone having N900, check by inserting his battery in your phone or try out in a a shop where they sell N900 - ask them to put a N900 battery in your phone so that you can identify the problem

Nothing happens when I try to turn on the power. Screen stays as it is and the light never comes on. I'll try to acquire a different battery though and tell you what happens, thank you ^^.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
All the Best !

btw you can also try a BL-5J battery , many phones have the same battery e.g. Xpress music 5800

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Get a separate charger and a couple of spare batteries. Total cost, $20 or so. It's very likely to solve the problem.

Or sell your N900 to me, $75 and I'll even pay shipping.

Ugh. So I ordered another battery(btw this was months ago I just didn't feel like reporting this back), cost about 5 dollars from a seller on amazon. Popped the attery in, and the phone worked!! For 5 minutes. Then it shutdown and I the same problem persisted. Now, the problem is I don't know if it's the phone, charger, or I received a battery that was out of juice. Now I'm back to square 1 and I can either:

1. Order another test battery /w charger

2. Send in to Nokia for diagnosis and/or repair

3. Feed it to my cat

Hopefully there is a good solution to this problem.

Maybe the USB port is broken and the phone can only run on the battery right now?

But when I plug in the charger the orange light still comes on. And when I try to turn it on nothing happens even with a battery in it.