So, as HildonCalendar is so messed up at the moment, I'm going through function at a time comparing to GtkCalendar from 3.22. There are faster ways but this is more educational so might help out later on.

4303>4429 Lines of code.
1490>1649 Lines of errors, but this is because I haven't finished hooking up all the cairo bits yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
BAM!

https://github.com/android-808/hildo...254883b5b09e46

One horrible one down, HildonPannableArea next

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
BAM!

https://github.com/android-808/hildo...254883b5b09e46

One horrible one down, HildonPannableArea next
Great!!!

In the meanwhile I made a fully bootable gtk2 based h-d(and hildon-status-menu) on top of devuan, though GTK2 this is a bit of OT here .

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Bit odd, but have you tried testing your GTK2 Hildon whilst running GTK3 H-D? I think it should be fine but you never know. If that works it opens options for maintaining backwards compatibility whilst slimming down the GTK3/4 versions.

The calendar support has, AFAIK, all the API compatibility of GTK2 version plus added features like showing details. It may not be 100% there with rendering related changes but it gets us moving along. Additionally, being up to date makes it easier to migrate to GTK4...

For PannableArea I'm either going to go with my Cordia version and reinstate some functions for API compatibility, even if they don't actually do anything, or go down the calendar route and use a modified GtkScrolledWindow from 3.22. If I do re-add the functions I'll look at hooking them up to modify scrolling to simulate changes.

I'm not sure how close to initial testable release, I'll have to check object count later today.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I know it's a bit OT but a) it's relevant and b) it's my thread

In terms of your GTK2 build, I know hcp is mostly buildable, you may have to disable the tools feature (unlock code iirc). Other than that, how far off is it from being able to chuck ofono on there and make a phone call with audio (even if via cli)? I'm thinking along the lines of would it be possible to put out a Devuan-CSSU release.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I know it's a bit OT but a) it's relevant and b) it's my thread
Right

In terms of your GTK2 build, I know hcp is mostly buildable, you may have to disable the tools feature (unlock code iirc). Other than that, how far off is it from being able to chuck ofono on there and make a phone call with audio (even if via cli)? I'm thinking along the lines of would it be possible to put out a Devuan-CSSU release.
I guess hcp is hildon-control-panel? Anyway, I can't really tell how far is it from being capable of making phone calls, because:

a) I hit a closed osso-bookmark-engine package dependency while trying to build hildon-home, so I am in process of RE-in it.
b) I am experimenting on x86-64 VMWare VM with nothing close to a modem attached to the machine.

However, while I am mostly focused on porting fremantle init scripts to debian upstart, I don't see any direct relation between h-d and ofono.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I'd disabled the bookmarks in my one as they weren't supported by Hildon (Cordia removed iirc).

In terms of ofono, I was wondering how much is missing driver and library wise to prevent someone installing it on an N900 and making it work. I know it's different to our original stack but in terms of testing from scratch it seemed a quicker option than RE of all our components.

Edit: Hildon is almost ready. Got some implicit functions to tidy up, thanks to PannableArea, my spelling and GTK deprecated functions. The library builds but needs fixing before anything like tests can link against it. The last few source files were the easiest of the lot! Only troublesome fix is a hildon_gtk_* call to deal with temporary windows.

Last edited by Android_808; 2017-01-20 at 08:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I'd disabled the bookmarks in my one as they weren't supported by Hildon (Cordia removed iirc).

In terms of ofono, I was wondering how much is missing driver and library wise to prevent someone installing it on an N900 and making it work. I know it's different to our original stack but in terms of testing from scratch it seemed a quicker option than RE of all our components.
Driver/library wise everything is there... but pulseaudio voice module . We did some initial work then jonwil decided he can't help anymore and I decided I won't take the job of REing > 300k binary with PA stuff and audio processing algos on my own. As soon as there is at least one more dev to help me, I'll continue the job.

https://github.com/community-ssu/pul...ice/status.txt

Edit: Hildon is almost ready. Got some implicit functions to tidy up, thanks to PannableArea, my spelling and GTK deprecated functions. The library builds but needs fixing before anything like tests can link against it. The last few source files were the easiest of the lot! Only troublesome fix is a hildon_gtk_* call to deal with temporary windows.
Take a look at https://github.com/fremantle-gtk2/hi...n-gtk-window.c

Please comment on the approach, as It is a bit hacky - I should have used g_object_class_list_properties to find the last property number, but I guess you get the general idea.

Community SSU developer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
That's one way to do it. I can't use that as is because GdkEventClient doesn't exist in GDK3. I think I will have to convert it to X11 calls.

I've been trying to work on converting HildonGtkInputMode into GtkInputHints and GtkInputPurpose equivalents. Some don't convert exactly though and to provide backwards compatibility I'm looking at creating functions to convert between the two.

In total there are 3 implicit functions to fix. I reckon there will be some changes that need reverting/ changing though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
The more I read of your solution, the more I like it. May mean I end up undoing a load of changes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: