I apologise if this issue has been covered in previous posts/topics but I am a novice considering N900, and I have some specific questions concidering the issue.

1. My friend has a N900 that apparently disconnects!?(as has been described to me) from network when calling, otherwise works like a charm. What causes this possibly?

2. Is this problem fixable (I know the description is inadequate), by me/care and what are the costs for this possibly.

3. Any other suggestions on this, as a N9 owner just getting to know the community I would like to have a N900 but I am just trying to figure out is it feaslible to get this N900.

E: Spelling

Last edited by _Routser; 2012-07-17 at 01:39.

Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
I apologise if this issue has been covered in previous posts/topics but I am a novice considering N900, and I have some specific questions concidering the issue.

1. My friend has a N900 that apparently disconnects!?(as has been described to me) from network when calling, otherwise works like a charm. What causes this possibly?

2. Is this problem fixable (I know the description is inadequte), by me/care and what are the costs for this possibly.

3. Any other suggestions on this, as a N9 owner just getting to know the community I would like to have a N900 but I am just trying to figure out is it feaslible to get this N900.
Hello, if your friend means he in on a 2G data connection and the connection is paused when making or receiving a call, that is normal behavior.

It is not possible to have simultaneous data and voice service on a 2G network. On 3G, it is possible to have both data and voice at the same time.

If your friend means that whenever he makes a call, he loses the cell signal, I would say that would be cause for concern depending on whether he gets good cell reception in his location or not.

-DJ

The Following User Says Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
appreciated response

-DJ
Apparently making a call isn't possible, altough there is a network connection it disconnects when calling (texts do come through apparently) and the signal is really good on these areas so it wouldn't be that.

If any additional ideas appear I would appreciate it.