Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Lumiaman, not sure why you feel the need to resort to insults.

It is idiotic to think that a company (Nokia Mobile) with 250 - 300 million customers worldwide is worth $0 period regardless of the OS (around 2010)

It is not stupid to think that converting those customers gracefully over to an alternative OS would have been worth far far more than the measily losers prize of $7b after Elop tanked the Company completely deliberately it would appear.

There would have been no need to sell the company to anyone if Elop hadn't been involved and would have provided the shareholders a far greater return

Only you are making selling the Company the primary goal to try to justify where they are today.

When Elop took over Nokia he destroyed Symbian in one move and threw away around 300 million customers, that has to be the most idiotic stance ever undertaken in the history of all companies.

rgds
UTMY, not sure why you need to resort to insults. Read the thread and see who called idiot first, or perhaps you are too stupid for that too.

Your dreams that anyone would have wanted to buy a Symbian based company at the time Elop took over is a pure pipe dream. Look what happened to Blackberry. Nobody wants to buy them. Nobody would have bought Symbian as anyone with two neurons under their skull would have realized that you would be buying dead man walking. And investors are waaay too much savy to waste money on a dead platform.

Elop created value by making NOKIA mobile division desirable to one buyer: MS. There were no other buyers there, prior to Elop. The board knew they were dead in the water.

Hint re-read that part where it says only you are making buying the company a primary objective.

In my "but for" world where that is NOT an objective and Elop is NOT Nokia CEO then the potential of 300million Customers is worth far far more than the paltry $7b that has been realised.

I called you idiotic for thinking that $7b is a worthy prize.

Not an insult merely an observation of your blinkered stance.

rgds

I could call you the same for being myopic and tell you that nobody wanted to buy BB when it had many customers too. But I didnt. Stop insulting people, and they will stop insulting your dumbness.

I only pipe up when you throw out baseless comments without evidence, you should know that by now.

I presented clear evidence that contradicted your baseless assertions and around the loop we go until you reach the point of spouting tangental meaningless drivel and everyone sees you for what you are.

Which you have dutifully done once more, right on cue!

Thank you.

rgds

ps. Windows Mobile will also go the way of BB.

Already I see early adopters of the Lumia phones wishing their contracts are up sooner so they can swap back from Windows Phone to something with apps available, the low give them away because no one wants them price only works once.

oh my......I am sure NOKIA is glad not to have someone like you as part of the board or shareholder. No wonder NOKIA shareholders, overwhelmingly, >97%, voted to sell the mobile division. If they truly believed that Symbian was SOOO GREAT, why not hire you, the KING OF SYMBIAN, and make new phones based on the greatest OS that still inflames your loins.

Your evidence is Tomi Ahonen looney analysis. Yes NOKIA was selling a lot of Taleban phones, yes they had large market share....I can say the same thing about BB, and see where we are now? BB cant be sold, while NOKIA was sold for a good price. No wonder shareholders jumped on approving it.

Honesty is not your strongest trait is it!

Now Nokia Mobile is destroyed what else can the shareholders do but sell the steaming wreck, bargain basement, why wouldn't they want to get rid of it?

I clearly posited a smooth migration strategy AWAY from Symbian which would have been entirely possible in 2010 and relatively easy.

I also suggested that had a strategy been developed that retained and grew from a user base of 300 million this would have been far more desirable and most likely would have had far far greater rewards than the strategy the Board with Elop at the helm actually took.

Your original baseless assertion was that the Mobile division was only worth $0 was clearly idiotic bandstanding to try and justify the princely reward of $7b the shareholders have been driven to accept, post Elops destruction of the Company.

rgds

ps. baseless assertions are dishonest, attempting to deflect threads also shows a lack of integrity, BB has no bearing on the destruction wrought by Elop.

Last edited by uTMY; 2013-11-21 at 17:04.

"I clearly posited a smooth migration strategy AWAY from Symbian which would have been entirely possible in 2010 and relatively easy."

Boy do you have a high opinion of yourself. Good luck muttering how great you are.

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Honesty is not your strongest trait is it!
It seems that asshattery is his strongest trait.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
It seems that asshattery is his strongest trait.
The KING OF SYMBIAN just woke up. You have many followers here, take them to the promised land, oh you almighty Symbian!

On the contrary.

I have a high opinion of the teams that produced Symbian, Maemo, Meego etc.

I have a high opinion of the Community that supports Maemo and the N900.

I firmly believe that had Elop not been put in as Nokia CEO then those very teams would have produced truly superb hardware and stunning OS options from Nokia Mobile.

I firmly believe that had such an alternative strategy been undertaken in 2010, supported by 300 million satisfied customers it would have generated far far greater returns than a paltry $7b.

So my statement merely expressed a valid "but for" world which you deliberately miss-stated, this once again only demonstrates your complete lack of integrity.

rgds

Last edited by uTMY; 2013-11-21 at 17:30.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha